Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Does the Koup need an upgraded flasher unit for the turn signals to use LED bulbs?
2. Will upgraded headlight bulbs, like Silverstars, burn the wiring?
3. Is there already a known mod for making fog lights come on with the parking lights instead of the headlights?

Thanks!

·
Registered
348 Posts
1. Not an upgraded flasher, but it will need a 'resistance balanced' lamp. Some cheapo LEDs really mess with the car and make it think it's got a bulb out. Some LEDs come with an extra little resistor to add inline, others actually build the bulb 'right' so this is not needed.

2. Silverstars (and Hawkeyes and all the rest) draw the same load as the factory bulb as they are all the same wattage. The difference is only in the colour of the light they produce, not the amount of juice it takes to make that colour.

3. This would be a REALLY easy mod to do... as in a 24" piece of wire and two Scotch-Loks. That would turn your fogs on anytime your parking lights are on, but you'd have no 'off' to have ONLY parking lights. For having 'control' of the fogs while the parking lights are on... I suppose that would take a bit more doing, but would be do-able. The most popular version of this that I have heard of is to convert DRLs from crappy de-powered high beam to full strength fogs.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Kiatech, can the BCM be reprogram so i could use the fog lamps when ever I want to ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts