1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I didn't ask if this was a waste of money... less rotating mass well do something. :/
Don't let this turn into a j-body forum guys.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I didn't ask if this was a waste of money... less rotating mass well do something. :/
Don't let this turn into a j-body forum guys.
i would THINK they would be the same crank. can any one find a picture of the belt routing?

and less rotational mass will always do something

and Lagodcm

whats up with you man, again not to be a dick but wtf lol you go into the one thread and say boosting an NA car is a waste of money and this is a waste of money. i mean WUT

yea i lightweight crank pulley isnt going to gain you hp but less rotational mass will help acceleration/ free up some HP to the wheels possibly

·
Registered
348 Posts
I will do my best to answer the question as posed, and not to interject my personal feelings on the complete uselessness of this modification on this engine in most cases.

Oops.

The pulley part number from Kia is exactly the same for both 2.0 and 2.4L engines, Koup and Sedan built before Feb 8, '10. After this build date, the part number changes, but it's still the same part number for all four variants. Looks like it's an updated design change. So yes, if this fits one, it'll fit the other.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i would THINK they would be the same crank. can any one find a picture of the belt routing?

and less rotational mass will always do something

and Lagodcm

whats up with you man, again not to be a dick but wtf lol you go into the one thread and say boosting an NA car is a waste of money and this is a waste of money. i mean WUT

yea i lightweight crank pulley isnt going to gain you hp but less rotational mass will help acceleration/ free up some HP to the wheels possibly
My point is simple...If you want a fast car go buy one....A forte will never be a fast car. I mean...come on man!! Its a front wheel drive that doesnt even have an LSD. WTF? So you put a turbo kit on it and spin your tires in every gear down the 1/4 mile...LOL! Whats that worth? Im just sayin save your money and save your motor.

·
Registered
973 Posts
My point is simple...If you want a fast car go buy one....A forte will never be a fast car. I mean...come on man!! Its a front wheel drive that doesnt even have an LSD. WTF? So you put a turbo kit on it and spin your tires in every gear down the 1/4 mile...LOL! Whats that worth? Im just sayin save your money and save your motor.
this front wheel drive car (my friend Nigel's srt-4) will beast anything you can throw at it, guaranteed:
and you can buy LSD

sorry we don't have a boxer 6 and an all-wheel drivetrain, still has potential
the 2.0 comes with like 130 to the wheels stock, more than almost every other fwd car in that class.
tons of potential here.

case closed.

·
Registered
117 Posts
this front wheel drive car (my friend Nigel's srt-4) will beast anything you can throw at it, guaranteed:
YouTube - Nigel's pump/meth SRT-4
and you can buy LSD

sorry we don't have a boxer 6 and an all-wheel drivetrain, still has potential
the 2.0 comes with like 130 to the wheels stock, more than almost every other fwd car in that class.
tons of potential here.

case closed.
WOW! I wasnt tryin to start an argument. AND! That srt-4 has 20k in it. Not just a light weight crank pulley. The motor, NOT STOCK! Built internals! Oh yea! And an srt-4 has a stock turbo, stock LSD.
So basically what you are sayin is buy a forte for 18k then put 20k in it. OK! go ahead. Im cool with that. But just stay away from light weight crank pulleys. I was never doggin on the forte. Im gettin a koup sx myself.

·
Registered
117 Posts
And as far as beasting anything you throw at that car!! Its fast! But obviously you've never been to a real 1/4 MILE track with cars like that and faster everywhere!!!

·
Registered
973 Posts
502 whp with completely stock bottom end
he has aftermarket cams and a couple other internal parts though, yeah, and obviously a waaaay bigger turbo and a really good tune (he's THE srt-4 guy for NC, one of the best tuners around here)
just saying fwd can make some serious power, and lsd can be bought for not really that much if it is needed. New stronger clutch grippy tires and we might not even have to worry about lsd...
here's a 1zz corolla S making 242 whp at 14psi
factory NA car with a good tune, a turbo kit, CAI and exhaust, new stronger clutch, completely stock internals. This car made 110 to the wheels stock
he's got about 5k invested in it, thats it. kills stock Evo X daily...

just saying it can be done, with a little bit of work
forte's already a match for any stock fwd honda(not gonna say s2000 lol I def know better), sx with manual can even contend with the new si's
and the aftermarket is growing
there are people on streetkiaz making 300 whp... with a kia! Forte is arguably the fastest 4 cyl car in stock form kia has come out with.
These people have put a lot of money in their rides, but it pays off.

I see what your saying about buying a fast car to begin with, but wheres the fun if you want to have a sleeper? noones gonna sleep on a 4th gen supra lol, which can be found for a little over koup sx cost

This is for the fun of having something barely anyone has, and surprising the hell out of people who think their sh!tty civic with a fart can and new plugs and wires is fast LOL
I mean, look at elecblue, he procharged an Ion! I've never seen or heard of that done, and its been quite successful, making really good numbers...

EDIT: and did you not see him pulling every car in the video by at least a car length? LOL "c'mon mustang" is my favorite part. Mustang probably had about 500 whp too, but it also weighs 1000 pounds more. Thsi is another fun thing about making a lot of power from a 4 cyl, it actually shows! you don't need 500 whp to get it moving...

·
Registered
117 Posts
502 whp with completely stock bottom end
he has aftermarket cams and a couple other internal parts though, yeah, and obviously a waaaay bigger turbo and a really good tune (he's THE srt-4 guy for NC, one of the best tuners around here)
just saying fwd can make some serious power, and lsd can be bought for not really that much if it is needed. New stronger clutch grippy tires and we might not even have to worry about lsd...
here's a 1zz corolla S making 242 whp at 14psi
factory NA car with a good tune, a turbo kit, CAI and exhaust, new stronger clutch, completely stock internals. This car made 110 to the wheels stock
he's got about 5k invested in it, thats it. kills stock Evo X daily...

YouTube - Turbo 1zz Rolla on 14-16psi pump/meth

just saying it can be done, with a little bit of work
forte's already a match for any stock fwd honda(not gonna say s2000 lol I def know better), sx with manual can even contend with the new si's
and the aftermarket is growing
there are people on streetkiaz making 300 whp... with a kia! Forte is arguably the fastest 4 cyl car in stock form kia has come out with.
These people have put a lot of money in their rides, but it pays off.

I see what your saying about buying a fast car to begin with, but wheres the fun if you want to have a sleeper? noones gonna sleep on a 4th gen supra lol, which can be found for a little over koup sx cost

This is for the fun of having something barely anyone has, and surprising the hell out of people who think their sh!tty civic with a fart can and new plugs and wires is fast LOL
I mean, look at elecblue, he procharged an Ion! I've never seen or heard of that done, and its been quite successful, making really good numbers...

EDIT: and did you not see him pulling every car in the video by at least a car length? LOL "c'mon mustang" is my favorite part. Mustang probably had about 500 whp too, but it also weighs 1000 pounds more. Thsi is another fun thing about making a lot of power from a 4 cyl, it actually shows! you don't need 500 whp to get it moving...
I know what ya mean about havin a 4cyl smokin big V8s. Its awesome! I have a 20g on my wrx with all supporting mods. Dudes with hugh V8s will talk crap and call my car a ricer and Ill laugh and tell em my car could actually burn rice and still stomp there ass! Im gonna keep it simple with the KOUP SX.....do a CAI and Exhaust and when someone comes out with some headers. Then hopefully we can crack our ecu's and do a protune. That should be good for 25 to 30hp easy. Thats what 203 hp. Thats some decent hp numbers. I mean its not a beast! But it will be fun.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I feel ya on that score, my friend with the 1zz corolla was driving downtown a couple months ago and a foxbody mustang floors it and tries to get by him, he kept it in 5th and smoked him lol
and I can definitely understand not wanting to make too much power after having something with like 400 at the wheels for a while, I'm going to keep this car for a while and keep building it up, but I'm gonna get something family oriented like a Forester (favorite SUV on the market for years now) for a DD when I finish school for sure, and not even touch it probably.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The lightweight pulley can help free up some power depending on how light it is.. it also helps the engine rev up faster. But it won't do wonders..

(I'm with Lagodcm on this one, the Forte will never be a fast car unless you throw thousands in it, which is kinda useless, IMO.)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I feel ya on that score, my friend with the 1zz corolla was driving downtown a couple months ago and a foxbody mustang floors it and tries to get by him, he kept it in 5th and smoked him lol
and I can definitely understand not wanting to make too much power after having something with like 400 at the wheels for a while, I'm going to keep this car for a while and keep building it up, but I'm gonna get something family oriented like a Forester (favorite SUV on the market for years now) for a DD when I finish school for sure, and not even touch it probably.
I had a fun run down some twisty roads with an early 80's mustang. (he couldn't shake me) I realise he would have no problem on the strait streatch but man was it fun.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I am sure that someone will correct me if if I am wrong but once you start to make internal modifications to your engine and something goes wrong, you just trashed your warranty.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I am sure that someone will correct me if if I am wrong but once you start to make internal modifications to your engine and something goes wrong, you just trashed your warranty.
I would consider this to be a bolt on, and I can't see why this would void warranty.

Actually, we posted the pulley because folks were having an issue with the RPMs hanging when changing gears. This has helped the issue and it is not expensive.
Not expensive at all, well worth the extra help this car needs in the first few thousand RPMs.

·
Registered
973 Posts
they have to prove the aftermarket part is what caused the issue when they deny repairs that should be under warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Dickheads on the forum may I say my forte is pushing 260hp to the wheels with a lightweight pulley stock tires I learn a trick with the traction controll so no worries spinning out in the hole can I say pssssss

1 - 20 of 30 Posts