Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally made my mind up to do the tints in spite of it being illegal in Jersey. I got my tints the darkest i could....Limo style.....its pitch black. I must say, tints bring out the beauty in a car even more. If anyone is interested in getting theirs done, hit me up...the guy did a great job...he deals with lots of celebs and musicians...tell me what u guys think..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Looks nice but how is the night driving?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had 30% on my previous car and driving at night wasn't really bad at all. I plan on going with 20% on my koup. 20 shouldn't be too bad driving at night, but I would imagine that limo would be kinda difficult until you get used too it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I drove home last nite and it was difficult..my first car with tints and i had to adjust and take it slow. i gotta drive with the windows down..lol it will take some getting use to. ill see how this goes if not i can always go back to lighter.

·
Registered
55 Posts
looks good but you know the cops here in jersey are gonna bust you big time about this haha :D

I had limo tints on my old accord coupe, finally took it off because of the difficulty of driving and getting pulled over quite a few times.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
I did 15%. Pretty tough to see at times but you get used to it for the most part. I'm just always on the lookout for cops so I can roll down my windows quick.

I've been pulled over once for them so far in the 6 or so months I've had it but luckily I knew the cop. :D If you do get pulled over remember to roll down both windows and turn on your dome and map lights.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I drove home last nite and it was difficult..my first car with tints and i had to adjust and take it slow. i gotta drive with the windows down..lol it will take some getting use to. ill see how this goes if not i can always go back to lighter.
I try not to say anything negative in here, but after 25 years of having tinted windows in all my cars I am going to say that you are going to regret this. :(

I always go 35% and not darker. I know it doesn't look as good, but it looks much better than none and I never have a problem with the police or with seeing out.

The first car I had tinted I had the 35% but the rear window done at 20% and I regretted it.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
pros/cons to full limo tint-

1)i live in superbight sunshine state of florida
2)i dont drive much at night

now we move to the plus/minus factors
minus- damn- if something outside the car isnt lit up- not much chance of seeing it from the sides or rear.......
plus- smart driver will be much more careful

interior glare- one reason i went to the maguires 'natural' vs the 'shiney' versions of wipes..on bright days depending on sunshine direction- the sun coming thru the windshield can light up the dash and cause alsorts of reflections on the insides of the windows.......

hot days- oh hell yeah- with this tint- i can sit on the leather seats.......fire up the ac to full.......and within about 2 or 3 minutes - be cabin comfortable.......

not gonna point a finger one way or another - but for my usage....the limo tint works.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts

I think it's 35% in the front... I love it esp at night when Trucks have their bright blue HIDs on or anyone w/ blue HIDs in general...

·
Registered
567 Posts

Where'd you go to get them done? I've heard good things about protints, they have a shop in Elizabeth and Newark. $95 for all around with a life time warranty and I think $50 for each tail light

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.