Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about putting a sub I have from an older car that we don't use anymore into my Koup. I know you need a line out converter, but I found 2 different kinds. Which one do I need? Scosche LOC80 2-channel line output converter - Hands-on Research at Crutchfield.com or Audiocontrol LC2i 2-channel line output converter for adding amps to your factory system at Crutchfield.com I'm thinking it's just the first because I've never seen a stock system without an amp have amplified signals which is what the second one is meant to handle. Just trying to make sure I don't mess anything up. Thanks

·
Registered
289 Posts
I would recommend one that is powered. Im really not into spending $100 bucks on one!!!!

I got this one

click here

·
Registered
289 Posts
I got a 4 channel because I wanted to run front and subs. If you are running just subs then 2 channel will work fine. Check out my install write up here

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
289 Posts
powered will offer a cleaner signal and a stronger input signal will produce a sound to the amps. As far as adjustable or non would be the ability to fine tune the signal before it gets to the amp. I am going to install a pre amp to further enhance my signal both in level and clarity due to the fact I want to keep my factory HU. I want the factory integration like BT and Ipod

·
Registered
289 Posts
I am also looking at this product by JL called a Clean sweep.

here

1 - 9 of 9 Posts