Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a 2021 Kia Forte gt line and have made minor mods and was wondering if there are any clip on front lips/side skirts that are our there so I do not have to screw into my car.

I am also getting a muffler/resonator delete in the coming weeks. Anyone who has done this mod have any opinions? I am thinking of getting a cutback instead.

Please comment links and opinions!

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
998 Posts
Hello I have a 2021 Kia Forte gt line and have made minor mods and was wondering if there are any clip on front lips/side skirts that are our there so I do not have to screw into my car.

I am also getting a muffler/resonator delete in the coming weeks. Anyone who has done this mod have any opinions? I am thinking of getting a cutback instead.

Please comment links and opinions!
The GT Line already has side skirts and stuff compared to the regular Forte, and users clip on mounting points.
Muffler and resonator delete is going to be loud and raspy and not all that pleasant. Go for an axleback instead. There’s a guy on here selling his Borla unit for less than it would cost to get one new, and it sounds pretty good.

Reactions: Arith and ForteGT2

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
798 Posts
Not sure how you expect a lip or side skirt to stay on the car as double sided tape would be too weak to keep it intact during highway driving. But most of the new designs are really quite easy and straight forward to install of a some screws without cutting, which make for an easy uninstall. But screws will be an essential install process regardless of where the part is.

Muffler and resonator delete will have your neighbors hating you, especially on cold starts. Check out YouTube videos and you'll see how loud it gets.

I'd recommend just the res delete to start off with, or as nonturbonoproblem suggests, an axleback setup.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The GT Line already has side skirts and stuff compared to the regular Forte, and users clip on mounting points.
Muffler and resonator delete is going to be loud and raspy and not all that pleasant. Go for an axleback instead. There’s a guy on here selling his Borla unit for less than it would cost to get one new, and it sounds pretty good.
Hey thank you for the feedback! The side skirt is ok but its very subtle and I am going to look into the axleback

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure how you expect a lip or side skirt to stay on the car as double sided tape would be too weak to keep it intact during highway driving. But most of the new designs are really quite easy and straight forward to install of a some screws without cutting, which make for an easy uninstall. But screws will be an essential install process regardless of where the part is.

Muffler and resonator delete will have your neighbors hating you, especially on cold starts. Check out YouTube videos and you'll see how loud it gets.

I'd recommend just the res delete to start off with, or as nonturbonoproblem suggests, an axleback setup.
Hey yeah that definitely makes sense. I think I am going to go ahead and get those mods screwed in. I am financing my Carr and may trade in in the coming years but I well cross that bridge when I get there. That's the only reason why I preferred not to screw in.

The res delete has been recommended to me a ton so that's a safe bet for me.

Thank you!

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
798 Posts
Hey yeah that definitely makes sense. I think I am going to go ahead and get those mods screwed in. I am financing my Carr and may trade in in the coming years but I well cross that bridge when I get there. That's the only reason why I preferred not to screw in.

The res delete has been recommended to me a ton so that's a safe bet for me.

Thank you!
Ahh, ok. If it's a finance then you should consider non-perrmanent mods. Instead of the res delete which involves cutting the resonator you should consider something like the the Xforce mid-pipe which replaces the entire mid-pipe. Easy bolt on/bolt off when you want to return to stock. Otherwise the axle back muffler is another option which replaces the entire muffler section (at a higher cost). Again, bolt off so nothing is cut or modified. Great for returning the car to stock when the time comes.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
998 Posts
Ahh, ok. If it's a finance then you should consider non-perrmanent mods. Instead of the res delete which involves cutting the resonator you should consider something like the the Xforce mid-pipe which replaces the entire mid-pipe. Easy bolt on/bolt off when you want to return to stock. Otherwise the axle back muffler is another option which replaces the entire muffler section (at a higher cost). Again, bolt off so nothing is cut or modified. Great for returning the car to stock when the time comes.
Axleback on the GT Line isn’t bolt on either. There aren’t any bolt on exhaust options unfortunately, but the axleback gives the cleanest addition that can be reverted to stock with the same clamp or weld the stock part back on

Reactions: ForteGT2

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
798 Posts
Axleback on the GT Line isn’t bolt on either. There aren’t any bolt on exhaust options unfortunately, but the axleback gives the cleanest addition that can be reverted to stock with the same clamp or weld the stock part back on
My bad, I keep thinking GT instead of GT Line, as we don't get the GT Line in Australia.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts