Kia Forte Forum banner

Date for the meetup?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1st texas meet

Figured we start a new thread for this. Post any suggestions or dates we can do a local meet. Austin and san antonio aren't seperated very far so transportation to either city won't be rough by any standard. We can make suggestions of a place then vote on it if needed. I think we have 2 or 3 austin members and 2 san antonio members so it'll be a nice turnout. Any1 in the area is definitly welcome :)

****EDIT****​
Figured we would could do the meet and greet at Southpark Meadows. At the Waterloo Icehouse. Casual place with food and drinks if anyone wants something while we wait for everyone to get there and talk. We will be meeting there at 4pm and chat and chat for a while and then head out for the ride

Southpark Meadows Shopping Center, Austin, TX

Then it sounds like the other meet we were talking about hitting later might be up north so we can take the drive out by the lake and end up on the north side for that meet.

Ok this is the address of the Cedar Park Cinamark. The parking lot is where its at. It is a big shopping center at 183A and 1431. This is the first meet we will be going to after our meet and greet and ride.

Cinemark Cedar Park
1335 E. Whitestone Blvd
FM 1431 @ Hwy 183A - 1890 Ranch Shopping Ctr.
Cedar Park, TX 78613

And this is the other addres to the meet later on at night. This one is located in the parking lot of the Gold's Gym on 183 and Lakeline. This one usualy starts around 9.

Gold's Gym
13945 N. Hwy 183, Ste C-3
Austin, TX 78717

those that ARE attending:

Caroah - Koup(Austin)
Aidensgrand - Koup(San Antonio)
Paul2419 - Koup(Austin)
Phantom - Koup(San Antonio)
LePapirrikY - Rio(DFW)
ATXkia - Rio(Austin)
kiaForteATX - Sedan(Austin)
pumaking - ?(Austin)
---------------------------

PM me if you are gunna be able to come and i'll change the list :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
This sounds like a great idea. I am pretty flexible on dates. All I really need to have is enough notice to get it on my calendar.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking something at the end of august. Idk when ppls school sched staarts or their kids start so don't want to interfer. If we can do it sooner it'd be evn better. Maybe a weekend day. If we can do an all day kinda deal and get the whole day off to ourselves we can doo various things.

·
Registered
139 Posts
How long will Volleyball be an issue for you?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm down to get together. I know for myself, my report date is the Aug.16...i think. So I'm more open to weekends after that date. Up to then I'm free.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sure there isn't gunna be just one. We'll have several as the forte/koup numbers grow in the area.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not 100% sure if we do or not but if there are any DFW area members that are interested then we can do it in the austin area

·
Registered
204 Posts
Im down for anytime since Austin is my Home and SA is my 2nd home (Since Basketball season is near and Spurs are my Team!!!!!) Keep me updated!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What kind of time in advance are we gunna need? I can get any day off I want from work. Since the majority of the ppl are in austin, I say we do it there.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Any time is good for me.

I think we would want to plan at least a month out if we want more people to have a chance to make it. If they have time to make the plans and get it on the calendar we could get Houston and DFW members that want to come.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya I agree. So shoot for early to mid august. I'm not familiar enough with austin to throw out locations we could meet at but I say we do a meet and greet and chill and then go cruise somewhere. Maybe catch a bite. When I get home, I'll look up any events that may be going on in that part of august

·
Registered
139 Posts
August starts on Sunday. I think we would need to try for Late August or September. We are then having to work around any plans people may have for Labor Day weekend.

I know north Austin since I live and work up north. I know of a few places up this way that would be good meet and greet places that would welcome us. They do Bike nights and car club events. If we want to do something on the south side maybe one of our members on that side of town can think of something.

Depending on what everyone has in mind for a cruise afterward I have several rides that were done for motorcycles that could easily be modified for a good day of driving. Most of the rides were picked because of fun roads or because of great views. Good part is that if we want to use one of them I can email out to anyone that is coming or print out the routes so that everyone will have a map with them.

Then there is always the night life downtown that evening if anyone is wanting to stick around for it.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
if anybody is interested, i wanna go hit up the san antonio raceway in marion, texas sometime in the next couple weeks. if not, then cool

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'll be moving to Austin on the 19th so unless something comes up I should be attending :) cant wait

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok sounds good! well we have the dates up for voting. im trying to get a poll going but for right now, the dates are the 21st, 28th, 4th, or the 11th. cant wait! and vote/mention a date you'd rather do it on. if the 21st or 28th is too soon from when you move then thats ok.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts