Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that a few people here are from Long Island, NY.. some are only a few miles away from me. :)

I know that we've briefly discussed setting up a meet soon, but would like to go more in depth into it since I'm really looking forward to it.

Anytime after Tuesday (when I bring home my sx) is fine with me. Weekdays, weekends, anytime after dark is fine with me as long as it doesn't conflict with my class schedule, but I doubt it will.

For those that would like to attend, what is your availability like? And what location would be suitable for everyone? I do have a few locations in mind that would allow for car meets.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
This should be easy to do since there is only a handful of us. A weekend would probably be best for most. Once the others chime in we can set up a day to meet.

Lights, hope you get your car Tues without any unforseen delays =]

What locations do you have in mind?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha yea, lets hope the car is sitting in my driveway on Tuesday lol... I don't think I can wait any longer :(

Weekends are fine with me, but just for bringing up the subject, there are usually meets on Tuesdays at 9pm on rt 83 where a bunch of random crews and groups show up, along with my crew. It would be a good place to have any kind of meet since we wont be bothered by the police at all. (the spot is marked for car meets in memory of a friend).

If you guys are interested in this spot, definitely let me know. Otherwise, any location and time is fine with me :)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Weekends are actually the worst time for me since I work at a restaurant and that's mainly when I work but I can either take off a day we have the meet or if we decide to do it on a weekday that'd be fine by me :) idc about location so if I'm told a date, time and location I'll try my absolute best to be there. I think there's only like 5 of us from the island

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to try to set up a crew (you guys along with some other people I know) to meet up on Thursday nights from around 8pm to 11pm ish, give and take, just because I know that people do work on the weekends (like Shak!), so would a Thursday night be good for you guys?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Thursday is fine by me :) when can we get the first meet going? Maybe this Thursday? Maybe next?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This Thursday, I'm going to be pulling out a photoshoot of the koup with a friend around those hours, so if anyone does want to meet and maybe join in on the photoshoot, please please please let me know! :D

We're going to be shooting around my school (Stony Brook University) area since the garage there is open for visitors in the late hours, also any other area around here that would make a good location for a shoot.

But yea, would love it if anyone that is available this Thursday night to come out and join in :) And I guess the official first meet would happen next Thursday, depending on schedules and whatnot.

Still need to pick a location! Where are you guys are all around from? I'm in the Lake Grove / Centereach area.

·
Registered
377 Posts
If you guys/gals would come up closer to CT I know we could get at least 3 more people. Maybe for a future meet!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey Guys (and Girls),
i'll make this my first post
Im in Syracuse, and ill make a drive, if we actually have like an entire day to hang out and talk cars

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you guys/gals would come up closer to CT I know we could get at least 3 more people. Maybe for a future meet!
I'm sure that there will be a tri-state meet sometime soon, that would really be fun :)

Hey Guys (and Girls),
i'll make this my first post
Im in Syracuse, and ill make a drive, if we actually have like an entire day to hang out and talk cars
:eek: That's 300 miles!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sounds awesome! count me in on the meet....jus let me know what time and date..
Nice :) What we can do is meet up around 8ish, so it isn't too early or too late, get to meet everyone, talk cars, and cruise down to an Applebee's or somewhere and just talk and eat and enjoy, especially if there are people that will be coming from some distance away. :)

I can also bring my friend who will be more than happy to shoot your cars, he takes amazing photos.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I'm in central suffolk too, so wherever is fine by me. This Thursday at 8 is fine by me, just hit me up with a better idea of where to go..

·
Registered
258 Posts
just getting in this convo ...wed n thursday im good money for it too my days off so its about the best days for me since the rest all i work suffolk is a little far since i got to either come out from queens or from baldwin but ill make it down to whatever just set a date and post it up !!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks like Thursday nights was a good choice :)

I guess it is safe to say that the meet will be next Thursday, September 23 at 8pm. Location will be posted soon, and I will try to find a spot that is a little more Westbound to make it a little easier for those that are coming from the west.

This Thursday, there wont be a meet but I will be out and if those that are close to me want to meet up and take some pictures, definitely let me know :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
JSincere.....were you happened to be at Route 80 going West yesterday afternoon around 4 ish pm???

I saw a corsa blue passed by me (I wasn't driving my koup)......

sorry if you're not.....:)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.