Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 478 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

TurboKits.com just picked up our 2010 Forte Koup SX 6MT project car. Look for many new parts to come out over the year as we transform

This:

To This!!!

If there are any parts the community wants, please let us know :)

http://www.pasmag.com/features/articles/2038-project-forte-kia-forte-coupe-seibon-carbon-fiber-hood-install

http://www.pasmag.com/features/articles/2075-project-forte-kia-forte-coupe-turbokitscom-dual-tip-cat-back-exhaust-system-install

http://www.pasmag.com/features/articles/2061-project-forte-kia-forte-coupe-turbokitscom-air-intake-system-install

Thanks

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
If that white radiator in the front bumper is an intercooler I like the original black mesh grill in front for eyecandy better. Best to not let others know you have a turbo until its too late. :)

·
Site Sponsor
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have a black coating option for all of our FMICs if stealth is the way you want to go :)

If that white radiator in the front bumper is an intercooler I like the original black mesh grill in front for eyecandy better. Best to not let others know you have a turbo until its too late. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am interested in the Engine hood, I have a dark cherry sedan, I am also looking at the tail wing, I have 17 inch Drift black rims with red strip that is real close to the color of the car, when it is clean I will take pictures of it, what is the price of the hood and tail wing, in the truck lid black also

·
Registered
697 Posts
Maybe I'm blind (did just have LASIK), but I'm not seeing anything on the site for the Forte Koup...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Maybe I'm blind (did just have LASIK), but I'm not seeing anything on the site for the Forte Koup...
That is the point of the thread . They just picked up the project car . They are not starting out with a factory turbo car that needs upgrades . Any turbo kits or other parts offered for the Forte will have to be fabbed from scratch , it will take development time . It is very encouraging to see interest from established experienced performance shops for Hyundai/Kia vehicles .

I'm sure the modded vehicle in the first post is not real , merely photochopped to stimulate interest .

·
Site Sponsor
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Update 01/13/10

We put our Bone Stock Koup 2.4L 6MT on our Mustang AWD 500-SE DYNO today.

Results: 146WHP / 140Ft Lbs.

We should have the video up shortly!

Next up, we test our cat back exhaust prototype w/ DYNO results.

Stay Tuned...

·
Registered
145 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Excellent... Now I know I should have gone Manual!

I cannot wait to see what happens with the mods on the MT as it should respond better to intake and exhaust much better that the AT. It's nice to see I made up some ponies to keep the Kali-auto in the game.

I am betting my exhaust made the biggest difference. Since this is a non Kali car then it should gain slightly more.

Can wait on the exhaust work...Keep the runs coming!

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update 01/15/10

We fabbed up a Cold Air Intake, CAT Pipe & Cat Back Exhaust onto the Koup 2.4L 6MT and ran it on the DYNO.

+15WHP and +13Ft Lbs

No Vids or Pics yet, but stay tuned for more info, we'll post very shortly!

Have a great weekend.

1 - 20 of 478 Posts