Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I tried searching, maybe i was just trying the wrong forums or wrong key words, but i couldn't find anything specific enough.

I'm looking to change out all the lights on the front with HIDs.

i saw from Diode Dynamics i can get a HID conversion kit HERE, will this work for the forte koup?

& Which kit? i saw people saying something about the H11b kit...

also, does that kit include the High beam & Low beam?

would i have to get 2 of that kit so i can turn my fogs to HID lights as well?

[[[[ok, so i looked it up a little further. correct me if i am wrong, or tell me if i am correct please. as well as answering the other questions if you can.

thanks.

for the Low Beam Headlamps i need the H11b
for the High Beams i need the H1
and for the fogs i need the 881

i got this off the sylvania website... am i right?]]]]

and last, are THESE the correct switchbacks to get for my car? & i need the resistor kit as well right?

thx, TSF

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Just a word of advise, Do not HID your high beams. You will not be able to flash on coming traffic as they take time to warm up. Some have done this and have regretted it.

The thread on HID Questions.
http://www.forteforums.com/forums/d...-compilation-all-useful-posts-one-thread.html

I have HID'd my Koup with 5k 55w h11b for low beams and 5k 35w for fog lights. With both lights on it is brigther than having m high beams on. LOL.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright cool. so you kept the original high beams in? no change? i'll stay that way then.

thx for the link. i knew there had to be info here already somewhere.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
just ordered 6000K 35W H11 for lows and 6000K 35W 881 for fogs. should be nice.

still wondering if those are the correct switchbacks...? and if they are just plug & go?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Those are the correct switcbacks. I have the same hid's you ordered as well. They look really nice just be sure to aim the low beams down... they are extremely bright. As said before with the lows and fogs on they will end up being much brighter than the high beams

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
awesome. thx for the responses FEARtheFOX & Paulst2419

·
Registered
289 Posts
just ordered 6000K 35W H11 for lows and 6000K 35W 881 for fogs. should be nice.

still wondering if those are the correct switchbacks...? and if they are just plug & go?
Yes that is the correct Switchback. And yes you will need either in line resistors which will require you to cut your harness and install a resistor in line. or you can us a new flasher relay ... Tridon EP34, Autozone does carry it.

Here is the thread

video Here

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes that is the correct Switchback. And yes you will need either in line resistors which will require you to cut your harness and install a resistor in line. or you can us a new flasher relay ... Tridon EP34, Autozone does carry it.

Here is the thread

video Here

also thx, ordered the switchbacks & resistors too. i'll see how those resistors work, or i may go buy the flasher relay from autozone.

·
Registered
289 Posts
also thx, ordered the switchbacks & resistors too. i'll see how those resistors work, or i may go buy the flasher relay from autozone.
Flasher is $10 and 10 min install. was not wanting to cut the factory harness.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just purchased the led switchbacks from DD as well as the flasher relay and they work perfectly. Just $5 for the relay on their site.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts