Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hii

i'm lookin to boost up my 1.6 koup what i can do n how much hp i will get??

thaaanx

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
The only turbo made for the Forte at all is by turbokits.com. They have tested for the 2.0 and 2.4, but it's likely it could work on the 1.6L, but would be best to check with them.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
The only turbo made for the Forte at all is by turbokits.com. They have tested for the 2.0 and 2.4, but it's likely it could work on the 1.6L, but would be best to check with them.
The turbo would be too big for the 1.6 Also, they would need a new manifold as well. The IC piping should be the same, though the IC itself would likely need to be changed to fit the front bumper of the 1.6.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
but it works only when nos is on

i need something 4 all drive

thanx again
Your only option is some kind of forced induction, of which you are going to have to make a custom solution as there is no "kit" for your car yet.

</thread>

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
As long as you stick with well-known vendors (even better with with forum supports), those parts won't do anything harmful. If you go for some kind of home made forced induction, then you take it into your own hands.

I've found a 3" tube fan that can push 250CFM, but it's a 40amp fan, so the draw on the alt would be to much. All other 3" fans seem to only push at 80CFM at most. So if you were thinking something along that lines, it won't help much.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
I've found a 3" tube fan that can push 250CFM, but it's a 40amp fan, so the draw on the alt would be to much. All other 3" fans seem to only push at 80CFM at most. So if you were thinking something along that lines, it won't help much.
That's a joke, right?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I love it when people just add up what the manufacturer says it adds :p

·
Registered
251 Posts
That's a joke, right?
Laugh about the fan all you like, but check this out before you discredit it too much. >>Leaf Blower Supercharger<<

1 - 20 of 26 Posts