Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a lot of homelink mirrors on ebay and I have installed a few in my past vehicles. All they are a few wires that needs to be tapped in. (ignition + ground + maybe a few others) instead of spending $250+... there are 3 buttons homelink with autodim that cost almost 3x less.

I was wondering if anyone is kind enough to scan or direct me to a link with the installation manual for the 2020 Forte? The part number should be M7F62 AU000. Or maybe pin out under the steering column.

Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't been able to find any electronic diagram for the car. Technically you can use a test light to find which leads will turn on when it's only ignition and which one is constant and which one only turns on when the car completely start... I was just hoping I didn't have to go find my test light lol

Hopefully someone has a workshop manual

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have you seen this?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have you seen this?
I installed mine Saturday, Each mirror requires a different hook up. I bought the one specifically for the 2020 forte and it only has 2 wires, one switched and the ground. Homelink only works ( The way they have you hook it up.) with IG2 on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts