Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone link to plug and play led brake light bulbs for a 2019 kia forte. Obviously most companies claim their leds are canbus friendly but this isn't true. I was able to get led head light bulbs that are plug and play with no issue from Amazon but for some reason brake light bulbs are an issue. I'm on a third pair that give errors. Started with cheap then mid range then higher end. All throw error on dash. I really would prefer not to splice anything into the wires to make them work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you tried the stealership? You may just have to bite the bullet and go there.
I'm trying the company lasfit first. They make some bold claims about their led bulbs. However they do seems to pay attention to customer service and discourage certain bulbs that give people problems so I'm taking a chance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can someone link to plug and play led brake light bulbs for a 2019 kia forte. Obviously most companies claim their leds are canbus friendly but this isn't true. I was able to get led head light bulbs that are plug and play with no issue from Amazon but for some reason brake light bulbs are an issue. I'm on a third pair that give errors. Started with cheap then mid range then higher end. All throw error on dash. I really would prefer not to splice anything into the wires to make them work.
The only way to get them to work is using resistors in the wiring, all the bulbs except the markers, backup and, license plate lights need resistors in the circuit, I looked up the sizes on superbrightleds.com then bought them in Amazon, I have replaced all bulbs except the high beams. None of the so called canbus ready bulbs will work

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Have you tried the stealership? You may just have to bite the bullet and go there.
I'm trying the company lasfit first. They make some bold claims about their led bulbs. However they do seems to pay attention to customer service and discourage certain bulbs that give people problems so I'm taking a chance.
The only way to get them to work is using resistors in the wiring, all the bulbs except the markers, backup and, license plate lights need resistors in the circuit, I looked up the sizes on superbrightleds.com then bought them in Amazon, I have replaced all bulbs except the high beams. None of the so called canbus ready bulbs will work
I was able to get led head light bulbs that have worked fine for months. No errors no hyper flashing no added resistor. Worse case scenario I'll return the brake light bulbs.

This is the listing on amazon if you're curious for the head lights. Wish they had brake light bulbs.

AUTOONE 9005 LED Headlight Bulbs HB3 LED Bulb, Same OEM Size, 12000LM CANBUS for High, Low Beam Headlamp 6000K White, Pack of 2

·
Registered
9 Posts

I was able to get led head light bulbs that have worked fine for months. No errors no hyper flashing no added resistor. Worse case scenario I'll return the brake light bulbs.

This is the listing on amazon if you're curious for the head lights. Wish they had brake light bulbs.

AUTOONE 9005 LED Headlight Bulbs HB3 LED Bulb, Same OEM Size, 12000LM CANBUS for High, Low Beam Headlamp 6000K White, Pack of 2
I got headlights from superbrightleds as well, I'd like to hear how they work out they seem pretty expensive, did you get their high beam light as well? That's the only one I've had trouble with because of the way they mount

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got headlights from superbrightleds as well, I'd like to hear how they work out they seem pretty expensive, did you get their high beam light as well? That's the only one I've had trouble with because of the way they mount
Are you asking me or the other guy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE="Stuoutlaw, post: 1022160, member: 100867"]
You
[/QUOTE]

Lol. Not fun. Very awkward angle for your hands. Try to go on amazon and find a SMALL pair of rubber tipped vice grips. I tried using a small pair of normal vice grips but the back of the bulbs are obviously square so the vice grips wouldn't stay on no matter how hard I tried. I ended up using my hands for 2 hours or so. They hurt for 3 days after. It can be done but the side with the fuse box is the worst. Also, the bulbs are bright. At the stock position for the halogens that come with the car, they end up being aimed too high. I'm lighting up 2 story houses to the roof line, obviously way up on the tree lines. I brought my car to kia for a recall and had them check the positioning to be sure. They were correct (for stock) but they said they can aim them down a small amount . Still need to go back

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE="Stuoutlaw, post: 1022160, member: 100867"]
You
Lol. Not fun. Very awkward angle for your hands. Try to go on amazon and find a SMALL pair of rubber tipped vice grips. I tried using a small pair of normal vice grips but the back of the bulbs are obviously square so the vice grips wouldn't stay on no matter how hard I tried. I ended up using my hands for 2 hours or so. They hurt for 3 days after. It can be done but the side with the fuse box is the worst. Also, the bulbs are bright. At the stock position for the halogens that come with the car, they end up being aimed too high. I'm lighting up 2 story houses to the roof line, obviously way up on the tree lines. I brought my car to kia for a recall and had them check the positioning to be sure. They were correct (for stock) but they said they can aim them down a small amount . Still need to go back
[/QUOTE]
the low beams I got are perfect and super bright and aimed correctly, but the way the high beam bulbs are held in by the connector is really sucky and I havent figured out how to make them fit as yet, but they are ajustable so you can change the beam angle once mounted

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the low beams I got are perfect and super bright and aimed correctly, but the way the high beam bulbs are held in by the connector is really sucky and I havent figured out how to make them fit as yet, but they are ajustable so you can change the beam angle once mounted
[/QUOTE]
Do the bulbs have a fan or heat sink on the back

·
Registered
9 Posts
No the problem is that the high beams are held in by the connector, and all the adapters out there aren't deep enough to put in there

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No the problem is that the high beams are held in by the connector, and all the adapters out there aren't deep enough to put in there
On a side note my brake light bulbs came today. No resistor needed like my head lights. Tested them on a drive and having them on continuously for 10 minutes in my driveway. No hyper flashing no error code. Back to your high beams, what company did you get them from? The company I got my head lights from have high beams available.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got them from superbrightleds and I have a set coming from lasfit right now, I'm glad your brake light are working for you

1 - 18 of 18 Posts