Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Forte 2.0
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 Forte 2.0 about 75,000 miles
We bought Hankook kinergy tires about 38,000 miles ago.
205-55/16.
They are supposed to be 50 or 60k tires but I highly doubt they'll last another 12,000.
Yes, I watch the psi, the suspension is aligned, we have them rotated regularly.

Also they are noisy on the interstate.

Any suggestions for a better replacement?

Also why does such a little car require such wide tires?

·
Administrator
612 Posts
I never get close to the mileage listed by the manufacturers, ever.

The 205 isn't a super wide tire, but I'd assume they chose 205 over 195 (or even 185) for better handling/sportier feel.

As for tire suggestions........ it's like asking for oil suggestions :D Find out what kind of tire you want (fuel economy, handling, all-around, etc) and do some research. Also, don't buy no name/Chinese tires, that's just asking for trouble.

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
623 Posts
Go on tirerack.com and read all the reviews. It usually sways my decision whether or not to get a tire brand/model.

50-60k is highly ambitious for tire life IMO. I reckon the manufacturers test the tire over a straight smooth road to get the life span. Won't take into account bumps, turns, braking, etc.

But noise usually indicates they're about ready to retire. A new set of tires should hopefully fix that.

As Acura_Kal said, 205 is not really that wide. These days you want some width for traction otherwise your tires won't be able to keep up with today's maneuvers.

·
Registered
2016 Forte 2.0
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm remembering my 70 Cutlass, it had about 1000 lbs over our Forte, but used F78-14 tires 🙂

·
Registered
2016 Forte 2.0
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, SWMBO likes a quiet car 🙄 so I'll get busy looking on Tire Rack, maybe some ride quieter than others

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,403 Posts
Also, SWMBO likes a quiet car 🙄 so I'll get busy looking on Tire Rack, maybe some ride quieter than others
SWMBO...LOL!!!

Cheaper then tires...

Product Font Sunglasses Screenshot Logo

• Haha
Reactions: Arith
1 - 8 of 8 Posts