Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it worth the buy? I have been in the hunt for a new vehicle this year and came across the Kia Forte about 4 months ago at the Kia dealership here in my town. I actually came across it after my relative purchased a Kia Sportage this year and saw the Forte, which I thought was a Civic, in the lot. I was instantly attracted to the body style of the Forte Sedan. I couldn't believe Kia was in the competition of a sporty looking Sedan car.

I peaked through the windows and was also VERY impressed with the interior design, controls, radio/cd deck, ipod usb capabilities, etc. The car was calling my name. I went home immediately after to look up reviews on the car to see if it's really a dream come true.

I came across nothing but fantastic reviews. I'd say 90% of the reviews were positive (Coming from popular websites), a few negatives but that is with every vehicle and nothing can be perfect. Most of you should know it's very comparable to the Civic, Corolla and Mazda 3 which I thought was unbelievable coming from Kia and the price is also comparable if not cheaper!

I am almost completely sold on this vehicle but just need another test drive or two and a few personal inputs from the people on this great forum. I just need to know your personal opinion of the vehicle if you own it ESPECIALLY if you live in a wintry climate like I do.

I live in North Dakota which is cold/snowy 7 months out of the year and one of the reasons that might stop me from buying this vehicle is that a 4x4 truck is also on my mind and a storm dumping 12 inches of snow might make it impossible to drive through if roads don't get plowed fast enough.

Enough rambling.

Thanks!

·
Registered
114 Posts
hey i live in pa and i have the sedan sx 6spd forte its copperhead and the car is very nice i get snow about 4 or 5 months out of the winter and just this past winter the car ran very good in the snow i am pretty inpressed how good it runs i have just over 10k on the car ive owned a toyota scion 2006 a vw jetta 2003 a ford escape 2005 and im tellin u this car is very nice for the price if i were u i would jump on it and pick one up u wont be sorry

·
Registered
29 Posts
Moory Thanks to the predictable climate in Grand Forks, the roads are cleared rather quickly and efficently. My old focus got around pretty decently in the snow due to that.

·
Registered
204 Posts
It's a very nice car for the money. I did not own mine yet when we had a blizzard last winter in the mid-Atlantic, so I can't speak to snow travel. It does have traction control which should help.

I'm liking mine more and more as time goes by. I do have the five speed auto trans shift/jerk problem, but I feel confidant that Kia will figure it out and issue a fix.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I spent awhile looking at cars to buy... found the kia koup, test drove the sedan and ended up with my Koup ( cause I fell in love with it)
it handles well, fun to drive, the inside is quiet at 3,000 miles I've had no rattles yet, and the stock head unit sounds IMO very good.

I've had no real big issues only small little things like the scv and some strange little sqweak that comes and goes.
but over all I adore my koup and I'm very happy I bought it.
I say get one you'll be happy with it! there a neat car and a pleasure to own.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.