Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

After much deliberation and many hours on this site, I have decided to bite the bullet and buy a Koup.

I still haven't decided whether to get the EX or the SX just yet. I think for me it'll mainly come down to price and the bonus features. If I can get the price of the SX down by $1000 (does this sound reasonable?) and a few extras thrown in then I might opt for that.

Anyways, nothing left for me to do but walk into a dealership and start bargaining. Which brings me to my main question. I live in Vancouver, BC and I am wondering if anyone bought a koup in this area and if you can recommend a good dealership/salesperson to talk to. I read a few nightmare dealership encounters here and it seems like the experience would be that much better with the right salesperson.

Any tips/experiences to share?

Thanks!

·
Registered
567 Posts
I got a sedan SX with moonroof, homelink mirror, cargonet, ipod cable, and mats for about 17.4k. After taxes it came to 18.7k I live in New Jersey so I'm not sure how different the price is up there, but just be prepared to hassle and you can get them down. I also suggest using AAA's car buying (I believe they are CAA in Canada) tool to help find dealers with low prices.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Welcome to the forum whiskey01. There are several functional upgrades on the SX over the EX so that is why the SX would be my way to go.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Depends also what type of ride you enjoy. A softer (16inch tires more rubber & softer suspension) more fuel efficient 2.0L (EX) or a harder (17 inch tires less rubber & sporty suspension) more aggressive 2.4L ride (SX). Some don't like the harder feel of the roads on the SX, but if I remember correctly Vancouver didn't have bad roads when I visited last summer but a lot of construction, but then again the olympics were being prepared too.

Aftermarket FogLamps (not equipped on EX) are available now for 85 plus shipping and wiring harness.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Welcome whiskey01!
Engine and suspension are the main differences. For the $$$ value, the SX is very hard to beat.
If fuel economy plays a major role in everyday driving, then the EX with the softer suspension is your best choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts