Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! new to the site so thanks for the help!

I own a '10 FORTE SX AUTO, and since i have owned the car I have noticed that from 40-55 MPH the car will bogg down like it has no power. especially if I just gradually coast along. it's like my car is going to 5th gear to quick and it looses so much power that its ridculous!!!! I have to put the car in sportsmatic and drop it to 4th so i wont roll back down hill(joking-but this is what it feels like)!!! Is this normal or should I have it checked out!
Second, this engine with only 2,800 miles on it seems very noisy -chattery if you will and doesn't seem right! am I just over protective or could this be a problem! I know I have warranty, but I dont want them to think im just being bitchy!!!!!! Any help would be awesome!

·
Registered
284 Posts
wouldn't hurt to ask them to have a look at it next oil change.

-Forte333

·
Registered
204 Posts
Now days these cars do quickly move to the highest gear to increase fuel consumption numbers. When it gets into 5th too soon, just push the pedal a little more and it will downshift.

Apparently you don't have the 2nd to 3rd gear jolt that some of us have? Five speed auto, first time shifting from 2nd to 3rd with transmission under a load. If you don't have it, good for you. Kia doesn't seem to be able to fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts