Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was stopped at an intersection on an uphill slope (probably 4-5%, dunno if that matters) and when I put my foot on the gas (I didn't stomp it) there was this loud noise that sounded like the car going over a highway rumble strip, and the car vibrated violently for a second or two before starting to accelerate.

My car is a 2017 Forte EX, 46000 miles, no mods. It was in for routine service last month. I want to think this is a one-off issue since it's never happened before, but Google says that weird noises from the car when accelerating may indicate a bad transmission. That's a costly repair/replacement if not covered under the 60000-mile drivetrain warranty.

Has anyone else encountered this & did it cause issues?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Are you sure you didn't just run over something in the road?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Could possibly be a bad cv joint in one of the axles. Find an empty parking lot where you can do a few figure 8's. Roll the windows down and turn off the radio and do a few figure 8's and listen for any clicking or clunking noises. If you hear any, take it to a shop and have it checked. If not, I have no idea.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Possibly the Hill Start Assist. It can make noise & feel weird releasing, especially if it's the first occurrence of the day, and you're not expecting it.

A couple things happen all at once, extra acceleration, due to the hill, & the sudden release of the brake pressure can make a surprising feel.

I wouldn't worry about it, it's probably a one off.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You shall check your engine mounts and transmission mount as well it might case similar issue spicially if your foot is usually heavy on acc

You can check with the car stopped with a help from a friend he/she can strat changing gear from p to r to d with engine hood opened noticing engine movement and sound while stoped if you can send me a video it might help

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts