Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried these yet?

POWERFLEX Hyundai Veloster N, I30N, ELANTRA N (2017+) Engine Lower Torque Arm Bushings

The Street Race or Performance ones?

I believe they should fit the 2020 Forte GT as well.

I think I'm gonna give them a try but was curious if anyone else has. I did a search but couldn't find any info on these forums. I'll likely go with Street(Yellow) or maybe Performance(Purple). NVH is my friend, haha.

Also SuperPro makes them too but they are more expensive as they are $29.40 each(instead of for 2 like the Powerflex)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Anyone tried these yet?

POWERFLEX Hyundai Veloster N, I30N, ELANTRA N (2017+) Engine Lower Torque Arm Bushings

The Street Race or Performance ones?

I believe they should fit the 2020 Forte GT as well.

I think I'm gonna give them a try but was curious if anyone else has. I did a search but couldn't find any info on these forums. I'll likely go with Street(Yellow) or maybe Performance(Purple). NVH is my friend, haha.

View attachment 82036

Also SuperPro makes them too but they are more expensive as they are $29.40 each(instead of for 2 like the Powerflex)
Gotta pay to play! Aftermarket always socks it to ya. I’m new to the Import market, played with a few big block domestic muscle car's in my spare time, aftermarket parts are expensive dude!Your just going to have to bite the bullet on this one, and lay down your dunkettes on the table at the parts store dude! Read up on the info you provided, looks great to me dude!

·
Registered
341 Posts
As far as I've heard it reduces wheel hop under hard acceleration from stand still. But it adds to the NVH so I've avoided it because it's a daily driver for me and I need it as comfortable as possible.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I had. Not exactly same one, but very similar.
see here and make your judgement.

Driving experience - it feels very solid and much more direct.
Upon reaching 2000 rpm, it feels "smooth", considering initial vibration.

Reactions: Smooth1

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had. Not exactly same one, but very similar.
see here and make your judgement.

Driving experience - it feels very solid and much more direct.
Upon reaching 2000 rpm, it feels "smooth", considering initial vibration.

Have you used these products? If so can you elaborate? Like thanks for the info dude! 😄

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Have you used these products? If so can you elaborate? Like thanks for the info dude! 😄
I used only the green one. And only for a few hundred of miles.
Red was even stiffer, so I did not even bother putting it in. I might still have them... lol

What do you want to know?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used only the green one. And only for a few hundred of miles.
Red was even stiffer, so I did not even bother putting it in. I might still have them... lol

What do you want to know?
What you originally posted is good info for me. Just wonder if there were any other negative things that come along beside a bit more vibration.

So I take it you removed it cause the vibration was not worth it to you?

Also I only hear talk about the SXTH entire mount swap out and didn't see any chatter on just switching out the rubber bushings for these.

·
Registered
108 Posts
What you originally posted is good info for me. Just wonder if there were any other negative things that come along beside a bit more vibration.

So I take it you removed it cause the vibration was not worth it to you?

Also I only hear talk about the SXTH entire mount swap out and didn't see any chatter on just switching out the rubber bushings for these.
Above post just answered my question! Thanks dude!

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Yes, you can replace the rubber inserts only.
Very easy task. And it costs a fraction of the mount. I mean, they have a very good stuff, but almost 200 vs 40... yeah.

Anyway, vibration at idle was too much, especially with AC on!
I used to fill mounts with polyurethane - the cheapest way, and it worked OK.

For this one - I never did it, but you can replace only one side and vibration will be cut a lot. Or, what some did, drill a few holes in the mount to soften it up.
Yes, there is some break in period.

All job takes maybe 10 minutes. Just remember which side is UP!

Reactions: Smooth1

·
Registered
211 Posts
I recently installed the Whiteline versions because they are local (somewhat, 57 miles) from me and I picked them up.

I installed both bushing but the vibration is a little much it shakes my phone on it's vent mount unless I have a foot on the brake and the clutch in.

I may drop down to just using one bushing but I want to see if this solves the wheel hop on the burnout with my drag radials first before I make any chances.

It's only a temp fix anyway because there is much better way to solve wheel hop and it will also help solve traction problems, which mount insets don't help with.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I got the Yellow Street ones in there and I have to say I don't notice any difference in vibration at all. I do have the manual transmission so the auto cars might have a different feel. Also I definitely notice the lack of wheel hop which is great! It's either spin or grip. I've driven it for a few days now. If things ever change I'll update.

You can only see the one in the front but I installed both in.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I guess mine have broken-in somewhat, the idle vibration is gone, I do feel it in the brake pedal. But it no longer shakes my phone mount which shakes the phone, where I had to clutch-in and foot on the brake to keep it from shaking.

Wheel hop is largely gone. Launched hard on the street, nothing. Burnout/Launch with drag radials, zero if I remember to turn off traction control...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts