Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how can i get my car lower?? For me, there is still room that i can drop it more and still be good. so any suggestions? i already have the eibachs in

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
you can also add alot of weight. i have something around 200 lbs. in my trunk and that lower it at least an inch and a half. maybe 2.

·
Registered
269 Posts
you can cut the springs.
that is how i've done it many times, take it 1 or 1.5 turn of for the front and 1.5 or 2 for the back springs and never had a problem. That was back in Brazil, here is different, we do it the "proper way". But if you still have room to lower it I'd say go for it.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Coilovers
Really the only way unless you do what the other posters said which is add weight, which isn't efficient or cut the springs, which isn't really safe.

I had Tein coilovers and KYB struts on my Mazda. Lowered it down 3" and boy did it look tough. I will admit though that it was the roughest ride in the world. Felt like I was in a Abrams tank but that was the choice I made for that look. I never took it down the full 4" because at 3" it was almost unbearable. Unfortunately I smashed that car to pieces only a few months after doing all that work.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
You mean your brain doesn't rattle enough over the bumps as it is? I grit my teeth everytime I hit a bump with the stock suspension.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I haven't noticed that...but the car is quite noisy on a rough patch of road...

·
Registered
289 Posts
how can i get my car lower?? For me, there is still room that i can drop it more and still be good. so any suggestions? i already have the eibachs in
I am working with a local shop developing an Air Bag kit that will almost allow it to lay out. Almost. Thats without cutting. If you want it to lay you will have to cut the rear. It should also tuck about 2" of rim all the way around. Should look great. Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
hmmm....what about getting custom springs made at a local shop?
there is a shop here in tampa that i used when i was doing work on my 68 firebird....
if i remember rightly- it was about 100 USD a spring....

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I am working with a local shop developing an Air Bag kit that will almost allow it to lay out. Almost. Thats without cutting. If you want it to lay you will have to cut the rear. It should also tuck about 2" of rim all the way around. Should look great. Will keep you posted.
do you think it
Will still work about the same with 18ich wheels?
I hope so
that would be :cool:
Something I can't wait to see

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Do keep us posted on the airbag system!!!

I say just cut the springs!!!! Its cheap, fast, easy, people have been doing it for years (30+yrs)

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do keep us posted on the airbag system!!!

I say just cut the springs!!!! Its cheap, fast, easy, people have been doing it for years (30+yrs)
ok cut the springs but how? and i mean do i take it to a shop that does that? do body shops do that kind of thing? and what does that run? and yes keep us posted on the airbag system

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
You have to take your springs back off and you can use any power tool to cut it. Your ride will be stiffer, and you run the risk of blowing your shocks and struts. I know a lot of guys that have done this and did not think it was that bad. Be conservative with it!!!!

If you ask me I think your car looks really good the way it sits now, especially compared to stock.

There are a lot of articles on this topic if you do a quick GOOGLE search.

·
Registered
318 Posts
damn! i been working on an air ride system to get my car laid out......

1 - 20 of 21 Posts