Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I would like to say this is awesome forum for Kia cars and I would like to thank everyone for their support and help.

Now I just bought 2011 Kia Forte Koup Sx, the car is not delivered yet. The car is brand new, when I bought the car from the dealer I added few parts and accessories to the car. The major thing is lowering front springs by 2-inch's. I would like to know if it affects my driving or speed-bumps also I like in Toronto, Canada so you will get an idea. Do I have to anything before I have to drive. Lowering springs will be done by Kia parts and services at the back where I bought the car.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Lowering your car generally gives you sharper cornering and more control while turning if the springs are made well. Aftermarket lowering springs wear out overtime and need to be replaced. Just curious, you bought aftermarket springs without really knowing the exact benefits and disadvantages?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lowering your car generally gives you sharper cornering and more control while turning if the springs are made well. Aftermarket lowering springs wear out overtime and need to be replaced. Just curious, you bought aftermarket springs without really knowing the exact benefits and disadvantages?
Honestly I don't know about it, Its just from the dealer itself. If I have to replace when exactly I have to replace it.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Depends what kind of aftermarket springs you're getting. Do a google search on the aftermarket springs you're getting and see what other people say about them. If I were you I wouldn't get aftermarket springs until you've driven the car and got a feel for it. After you know how the car handles you should purchase the aftermarket springs and then you'll know the difference in how it feels without aftermarket springs and with aftermarket springs. Just letting you know, if you're not experienced with driving with a lowered car be prepared to bottom out a lot... Speed bumps, parking garages and train tracks will do some wear and tear on your brand new car if you're not careful..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.