Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering lowering just the front of my 2.0L Koup. My 2 options are either going with front coils from Eibach. Local distributor says i can just buy just the front coils, many other people say Eibach only sells sets...will have to confirm this.
My second option is go with a coil eng. company that makes up coils and i could have coils made up to lower the front by 40mm, which is slightly lower then the Eibach, which i prefer.
The Eng. company has been making up coils for decades and has a good reputation and they offer a 3 year warrenty.

I was told by a tuner that it is not wise to lower just front by 40mm as it will cause either understeer or oversteer (not sure what he said)

I want to lower the front more from an apperance point of view then for handling.

Would very much like your views before i do anything.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
i had mine with just the front lowered for about 2 days because i wasnt able to finish the rear the same day because it got dark and it looked good but it still looked incomplete. there was a noticeable difference without the rear lowered. i have a pic of the front lowered but not the rear...

first pic is with just front lowered and second is both. it was the next day i took that pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
are cars sit high in the back already.. why not just try lowering the back.. then the car would sit level..

·
Registered
519 Posts
id lower front and back.... unless u were planning on putting 20-22inch rims in the rear and 18s in the front....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback, much much appreciated....sometimes you can play things in your head over and over but it just takes a couple of pic's and a few wise words clear the head.....lowering both the front and back.
To repay you for the pic's that got me straight i have a niffty cheap mod that would make your 16,s look like 19's, Duplicolour have a pen marker that you can write on your tyres, basically you can choose one of the circular lines on your tyre and colour it in either red or white, basically a thin white wall....I plan on doing this once my car has a better stance. My vision is that this cheap mod will look great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts