Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup guys , :)

I wanted to ask you : :)

If I bought Eibach lowering springs and installed in my forte ( cerato ) sedan ... The warranty will expire ??? ( because my car has completed a month only so, it is almost totally new )

and my warranty is for 5 years , I don't want to loss it :D :D

_ ___________ __ _

Thank you in advance ,,

waiting for you answers and ideas ..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
reggie2xtreme : I didn't understand ur answer , do you mean that the warranty will not expire ??

if yes , Are you sure ??

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
if you hit a pot hole and you rip up your front and/or rear suspension and need it replaced, you WILL NOT be able to get it done under warranty. you put on an aftermarket set of springs and that is what led you to breaking your suspension. you will have to make a claim with your insurance company, pay your deductible, and then get it fixed at a body shop.

since you installed those springs, from now on, if your suspension gets messed up, you're paying for it; not the dealer

and the dealer doesnt have to prove the springs caused it because they clearly enhanced the chances of messing up your car from a pot hole. my previous 2 cars and even my forte had no problems over harsh bumps or pot holes but as soon as i lowered my koup, it became a big problem. i've already replaced my front struts. $1000 fix at the body shop. i paid my deductible that my insurance company required($200) and took it to a body shop and got it fixed

·
Registered
24 Posts
my dealer specifically said if i change anything with the suspension, engine, and the tires (i believe) that my warranty would be void. so thats your call :/

·
Registered
695 Posts
If you are anywhere in the US then you will be covered. Warranty in its entirety can be voided due to aftermarket parts. If dealer can prove aftermarket part caused the issue then your warranty is voided for only the effected area by the aftermarket part.

·
Registered
135 Posts
i just put some eibach springs on mine and the dealer said nothing when i went in for my check-up..i actually helped sell a koup to this army guy after he saw my mods lol

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
In a perfect world the only time you wouldn't be covered is if the failure was a result from the aftermarket part. This certainly is not a perfect world. It will be up to whoever you're asking to cover you under the warranty. Do it at your own risk.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank guys for your answers ,,

I didn't install one , but I will install after some time . In the future maybe ..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if you hit a pot hole and you rip up your front and/or rear suspension and need it replaced, you WILL NOT be able to get it done under warranty. you put on an aftermarket set of springs and that is what led you to breaking your suspension. you will have to make a claim with your insurance company, pay your deductible, and then get it fixed at a body shop.

since you installed those springs, from now on, if your suspension gets messed up, you're paying for it; not the dealer

and the dealer doesnt have to prove the springs caused it because they clearly enhanced the chances of messing up your car from a pot hole. my previous 2 cars and even my forte had no problems over harsh bumps or pot holes but as soon as i lowered my koup, it became a big problem. i've already replaced my front struts. $1000 fix at the body shop. i paid my deductible that my insurance company required($200) and took it to a body shop and got it fixed

You replaced your front struts because of what ?? is it because you went over a pot hole ??

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i just put some eibach springs on mine and the dealer said nothing when i went in for my check-up..i actually helped sell a koup to this army guy after he saw my mods lol

From where did you bought your lowering springs ?? <>

Put a link if you have ,,

Thank you

·
Registered
17 Posts
Im doing the same thing this week...

The Magnuson Moss Warranty Act addresses such issues. This law states that if a customer installs an aftermarket product (it could be a fluid, filter, hard part, software...virtually anything that was not installed on or in the vehicle from the factory when it was new) and if the vehicle fails as a result of the installation or use of the aftermarket product/service, the carmaker cannot arbitrarily deny a warranty claim and/or void the new car warranty because of the installation or use of the aftermarket product, but must prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the failure was indeed caused by the installation or use of the aftermarket product. The reason this law was put into place is because carmakers were arbitrarily voiding car warranties and refusing warranty service because the customer had installed an aftermarket products/services.

So if I incur damage as a direct result of mods then I pay the damages, but it can't void the warranty in any way, just make it so they don't pay for THAT issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.