Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so ive looked up B&G,H&R,Eibach,SMA lowering springs and the problem i have is that they dont lower my car enough ill include pics all the springs i found lower between 1-1.3" and thats not going to look any better IMO any ideas on getting it lower AND no i wont go coilovers i got a turbo to pay for lol any input would be great...one other thing i dont want a softer ride, if anything i want a stiffer ride

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nea the back is OK but i would preffer lower but even if i cant go lower...i wonder if the other springs are stiffer

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have Eibach Pro Kit springs on my 2001 Sentra and it is a stiff ride. On the Sentra it made the wheels flush, and it looks like you will get that with your Koup. The wheel arches are this car are really high so that does not help any.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$260 a tire... 235-40-17

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nea looks are one thing i wanted the performance... PROBLEM though is everytime i want to get the most out of my tires i have ot drop pressure from 34 down to 24 or when they get hot ive seen them close to 50psi... SO thats a pain BUT OMFG do they hold hte road...PS the wheels were $390 a rim

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
ya i was looking at some wheels on wheelsnext.com and saw them and jesus theyre a lot lol i was like oh hey a member has these on the koup. good choice

·
Registered
164 Posts
Tire size

The only way you are going to get it lower is to use coil-overs or cut the lowering springs. I have both and will attach pictures. The spectra has coil-overs and the coup has the springs.

Attachments

·
Registered
645 Posts
Scoobs,what are the wheels on your koup? They look great,and what are the size of the rims and tire ? If it's not to much to ask.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea i know the koup and spectra from SK, but idunno i dont mind the height i just dont want softer

·
Registered
5 Posts
is anyone here experiencing bouncy ride of their forte sedan on the eibachs? I got mine fixed almost a month back, and it is getting increasingly bouncy. signs of my shocks dying?

·
Registered
57 Posts
is anyone here experiencing bouncy ride of their forte sedan on the eibachs? I got mine fixed almost a month back, and it is getting increasingly bouncy. signs of my shocks dying?

yep, that's what happens when you change just the springs and not the shocks. Your stock shocks wear out faster.

I'm w/ the OP...I'm looking for something w ~2" drop but don't want coilovers b/c I'll never adjust them.

·
Registered
425 Posts
yep, that's what happens when you change just the springs and not the shocks. Your stock shocks wear out faster.

I'm w/ the OP...I'm looking for something w ~2" drop but don't want coilovers b/c I'll never adjust them.
Once I dialed my last car in with coilovers I never adjusted them, never felt the need. But it handled and rode better than when I had just lowering springs on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
thks, folks. looks like my shocks would be gone in short time. and I don't think there's any aftermarket shocks for our rides in the US. anyone has experience with the bilstein b6 shocks or the Gabriel ultra shocks? they are available in south Korea and I am thinking of getting either one of them, though I am more towards the bilstein's larger piston rods and seems more able to take the eibachs' rate. any comments are welcome.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Bilstein makes a great shock...lifetime warranty maybe? Do you have a link to the shocks? I'm curious what's out there and the cost.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts