Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so, in short, im a noob when it comes to cars and what parts are needed to do certain things but right now im really wanting to lower my car and im not too sure what all i need to do so. i know im going to have to buy lowering springs but thats pretty much all i know. are there other parts that im going to have to get along with the springs? and usually what is the price for springs? i see them on sites but im not really sure if they come with all 4 or just 1. so any help would be grand!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do the coilovers Do? What is the difference in doing it the 2 ways cuz that's pretty crazy expensive compared to just swapping out the lowering springs

·
Registered
38 Posts
Lowering springs you are just replacing the stock springs on your car to make it either lower ride height and/or making it more stiff.

Coilovers your able to adjust the height and stiffness quality, and coilovers replace both shocks and springs in one shot. Plus quality is better.

Overtime, if you install lowering springs, it will wear out your stock shocks and eventually you will have to get them replaced with either the same stock ones or upgrades. Just be sure if you buy shocks to review them, what other people say, i have heard some aftermarket shocks are horrible worse than stock and they blow on them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts