Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a stupid questions but does anyone know if the Forte EX has a MAF sensor? I can't seem to find the exact answer to this. I would assume it does but not sure.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,847 Posts
...and that means NO restriction in the air intake!!! :)

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Its a map sensor that all fortes have

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Precisely. You can make your intake as smooth as you like, no restrictions at all! And it saves you the headache of figuring out how to mount the MAF.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Sweet!!! it sounds like KIA is picking up all of the good things HONDA left behind including looks. I am looking for an inbox filter that is NOT k&n thinking about UNI if i can find one, anybody got any suggestions?
Kia has it's own high flow filter made for the Forte. It's made by AEM, it's a DryFlo material.

A MAP sensor has a slight disadvantage to a MAF, it's not as accurate as a MAF. But it has an advantage in that it doesn't get in the way of the flow. It's not all a slam dunk with MAP vs MAF. Most high power/advanced engines use MAFs.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
4.65$ here ...

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Anybody kow if our ECU and MAP can take possitive pressure without tuning???
Looking at this: New site - HOME
Just like nitrous but no draw back (filling bottles)

(NO it's nothing like those crappy little blower on e-bay)

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
^^ HA HA...
Read a little bit more about it Fuel110, you'll be suprise!!

I thought the same before!

·
Premium Member
944 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
Its just a tiny electronic turbo. Someone throw it on a dyno and see if its worth the cost. Im doubtful it is but ya dont really know until ya try. And i didnt see a price. It is a interesting idea but what gets me is if it worked well we would see em from the factory most likely. Manufacturers would love something that increased power without sapping economy. Hence all the baby turbo options these days.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
There's awser to your question on thier site....
There's several dyno sheet and a so call "independent statement".
I don't think it's the next best things but IF the dyno chart are correct I think it's better than NO2 (not turbo or SC) and cheaper to use.... I saw cost somewhere and it's around 1200$.

I think we didn't see this before because batteries where not there to support such fast discharge!
I gess it's worth keeping an eye on this... We'll see!

·
Premium Member
3,868 Posts
I wouldn't say it's better than nitrous. You gotta think, when it's not in use that thing will create resistance in your intake flow. and a 35 shot on nitrous wouldn't hurt a go-cart lol. I plan on spraying 75.

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
I missed the dyno sheets somehow..i dont take any from the review of that guys..but if say you or someone else here known to have no affiliation was to review id give it a listen. $1200 is pretty spendy. Thats about 1/4 to 1/3 the cost of a t.k. setup and not even close to the same ratio in power gains. But i still like the idea... at least someone is trying lol. And to add to fuels point..i agree. So what if they included something like a aem bypass to operate when off boost thus no clogged straw syndrome.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Our intakes can not take positive pressure . You need to get a Geni 2.0 M.A.P and a TK map adapter . But you will also need to tune for the new map, car will run like crap and throw CEL instantly .

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Our intakes can not take positive pressure . You need to get a Geni 2.0 M.A.P and a TK map adapter . But you will also need to tune for the new map, car will run like crap and throw CEL instantly .
So HALTECH standalone?! ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
CRAP....!!!
Thats what I was afraid......so it need some kind of tuning/mod so at the end it'll cost the same as TK turbo..... Oh well....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts