Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting one of these from eBay for about 75$ shipped for the 11225 and 85$ for the 12865...can someone explain what the major differences they have and has a nice sound but not too "ricerish." And to who have a CAI, do either or both of these sound good with it? Recommendations?

2,213 Posts
i got the 12865....sounds great to me, didnt really hear the other one tho. and no, im not running cai, think its a waste considering i plan on throwing turbo in the car in spring!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does it sound like a cheap civic though? Lol sorry to ask but I don't wanta get a muffler if it's going to sound like a ricer and am ordering one soon most likely but don't know which one

2,213 Posts
lol i think theres a video of that muffler on here! and no, it doesnt sound like a cheap ricer lawnmower coffee can crap muffler lol you'll hear it, and you'll always hear it, but its not obnoxiously loud!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just don't want it to be TOO loud...so whichever one of these is quieter would prob be for me but I want the nice sound from both of these

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was gunna ask u aidensgrand on how u like it. I want it to sound rly good but not too loud where I'll draw too much attention and not obnoxious loud. I just don't rly know which one to go with. All I've noticed with the difference between these is that one is off centered and oval shaped and the other is centered and rounded. What's the difference?

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
well i did some youtube searching before i bought mine and the 11225 was too quite for me. i will say that the 12865 is loud but its by no means a ricey sound. compared to some of the hondas that my friends have, it sounds like an r8 lol but its got a very nice purr to it at idle and when accelerating, its not ricey but instead, a lowish growl. and then when you add the CAI sound to it, its like music from the heavens :)

now with that being said, i will be upgrading to the Turbokits.com Catback but i havnt the money yet :p

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok im gunna get the 12865!!! Thanks everyone! One last question aidensgrand, or anyone else, with the new muffler, can I keep the dual exhaust tips from my stock muffler? I love the dual look!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks aidensgrand appreciate it..it's purchased and I just hope i like it :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
What's the difference between a round and an oval body?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
honestly paulst idk what the difference is either thats y i was asking but i saw the videos aidensgrand made with the round 12865 and by the video it sounds rly good so i went with it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Aidensgrand, did you change just the muffler or did you get a new exhaust put in? I want the magnaflow 12865 but I want that sound along with the HP boost. I have a sedan ex 2.0 can I put that on there? Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
No I just have the muffler. And yeah you can go to a shop and see if they would put the mandrel piping in. but make they are just going to bend it. It has to be mandrel bent. If not, then there are full exhaust kits out there for our cars and you can take it to a local body shop and have them install it for you

·
Registered
16 Posts
ok thanks, I'm not sure what would be best, all new system or just the muffler. I think my exhaust is smaller than the koups. I basicly want the sound you have and maybe get a few more HP if I can.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Monty, if youre looking at mainly the sound, I would suggest just getting a muffler. I got the 12865 and I love it!!!! I was so worried of it being too loud and tin can like lol but I get so many compliments! It's rly nice and with the CAI it sounds even better!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts