Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats everyones opinion on maybe throwing a Magnaflow 14861 on my 2011 SX? Is it going to look or sound like a cheap ricer? Im new to all this and just looking for honest opinions.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I'm not sure about that specific muffler but I've had a single magnaflow on my '10 koup SX, it was 12865, and I loved it. I then upgraded to a cat back system and just didn't like it and now I'm sporting 2 magnaflow mufflers for my dual exhaust and don't regret it at all! I'd say go for it man!

·
Registered
180 Posts
NO, the Magnaflow mufflers do not sound ricey in any way, shape or form. I have a 2010 SX and my Magnaflow has a nice, deep, loud tone to it. I love it. It makes me want to upgrade my entire exhaust system!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Honestly, I though the TK cat back with the high flow cat sounded ricey for my taste but the Magnaflow(s), like EsEcks said, have a nice deep tone to them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
does anyone have photos of the magnaflows on the car, I mean a picture from under the car showing how it looks installed or any aftermarket mufflers for that matter

·
Registered
59 Posts
IDK if magnaflow is worth it to be honest. I know its cheap but I went with a universal muffler from ebay and my car has that deep tone and doesn't sound rice at all. if you want i could try and pot a video. i only paid 30.00 for mine, plus 80 to get it welded on.

4" Black Ceramic Tip N1 T304 Exhaust Muffler 2.5" Inlet | eBay

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
IDK if magnaflow is worth it to be honest. I know its cheap but I went with a universal muffler from ebay and my car has that deep tone and doesn't sound rice at all. if you want i could try and pot a video. i only paid 30.00 for mine, plus 80 to get it welded on.

It may not sound like rice, but it'll look like rice for sure. Fart can = RICE.
Especially if you have it sticking out from under the diffuser...

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Ottawakia: if u look at my dual exhaust thread, I have a pic from underneath the car (the best I could do for not being lifted up) and u can see the MF :)

·
Registered
973 Posts

cheap ebay mufflers wear out in a year or less. fact. my magnaflow has 35k miles on it and is just a little louder than it used to be, still has a little life left in it. and thats 3 yrs for the average driver.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And that doesn't effect any warranty other than for the exhaust, or does it even do that as long as you don't touch the cat converter?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

i personally like the dual chrome tipped look rather than the single ricer look. btw where did you get your autobot badge?? i want one

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I have a picture comparing the stock exhaust with the Magnaflow. both have piping on them and hangers. if you want it, i can put it up

·
Registered
59 Posts
i personally like the dual chrome tipped look rather than the single ricer look. btw where did you get your autobot badge?? i want one

Yeah it was a quick fix untill I get a cat back if I do. But the badge was costume made. This guy can craft metal into whatever with the use of a computer so I gave him the stock badge for measurements and asked him to make them for me.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Lol, no one will ever go w/ my choice :p I winnsssss.

But I've heard magnaflow is a nice smooth tone. I doubt its ricey. Go for it if you wants.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.