Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:confused: I am thinking about installing a magnaflow muffler soon. I know it sounds sweet buy my question is... do you get any HP installing this muffler? Also is it legal to install? I live in NC and in order to register I have to inspect my vehicle first and they are very finicky when it comes to inspection, specially emissions.
Any help will be very appreciated

The muffler im reffering is Part# 11225

·
Registered
973 Posts
the muffler shop will have to tell you it won't pass inspection before they install it if it won't pass.
I have 2.5" SS pipe running back from the cat and a magnaflow muffler, in NC also, and I'm confident it will pass inspection
You do have to keep your catalytic converter in place, but you can change up the rest of the exhaust system if you want
I'm not sure of actual numbers, so I'm not going to guess, but It does feel a bit different with the exhaust system changed, and it sounds a hell of a lot better lol

·
Registered
149 Posts
So, are you just wanting the muffler for sound only? If so, then I guess it's worth buying. If you want to improve HP, then you should just save your money and get a full system upgrade.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Ya if you want a good HP gain, turbokits.com as an affordable full exhaust that you might as welll save for. Just a muffler on its own won't give you much of a performance boost if any. It might make it sound better tho depending on what you get. I love my magnaflow so I assume you will too.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good stuff guys! Thanks for the help; now I know what route to go. Magnaflow, 2.5" SS pipe. Sweet! I love this forum.

2,213 Posts
just had the muffler installed today, it sounds GREAT!!!! rev it up a little, let go off the gas, and ya get those cool little popping sounds! some tool in a civic asked me what year honda is it, laughed in his face then lit them up on him! lol with parts and labor figure your gonna spend $200-$250 around, well worth it!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hispanic labor is so cheap, you got it love it!

·
Banned
203 Posts
Is the magnaflow 11225 worth getting? I wanted a muffler with like a 3" tip. And I think the 11225 is 2.25? I think that's too small looking, unless it's loud then I don't care

2,213 Posts
Is the magnaflow 11225 worth getting? I wanted a muffler with like a 3" tip. And I think the 11225 is 2.25? I think that's too small looking, unless it's loud then I don't care

have you even looked under your car at the muffler yet? you need a tip to extend out the back. and its some funky bend back there. get the magnaflow, then go to some dude and have it welded on! lol not that big of a deal! keep the original tip and tell everyone its stock like i do lol or just go get a fart can muffler. you can drive around sunding like a weed wacker and have a nice 5' outlet. its all about prefrence!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts