Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just install a magnaflow on my Koup SX!!!
WOW!! The engine feel more alive and you can hear the rev going up with windows down. The sound is almost perfect: bearly different at idle and a deep tone (not too loud) when you push it! This is the third magnaflow muffler (on diff. ride) I bought and I've been please with the sound and performance with all of them....
Bought that one (model #11225)from Benson Autoparts for 85$ and got it install for 100$ at a local muffler shop.
If you want a better exhaust sound and you're on a budget.......... you can go wrong with the magnaflow!

SRY no sound and pics!!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Ahah.....finally Luc!

You should come for the next GTA meet, and we can see who's Magnaflow sounds better......hahaha! Or maybe when I come to Montreal to celebrate when Lord Stanley's Cup returns ??!! :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Well.........it would be awesome for some of our members from down south to come to the next epic GTA meet :)

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahah.....finally Luc!

You should come for the next GTA meet, and we can see who's Magnaflow sounds better......hahaha! Or maybe when I come to Montreal to celebrate when Lord Stanley's Cup returns ??!! :)
Thanks Nalin.... you just convince me to do it and it's greath!

As for the GTA meet I miss the first and will miss the second this weekend... I'm buying an house and I have an apointment!!! :(

We should make a Magnaflow contest, for sure!!!!

If you ever come close to Mtl let me know....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just install a magnaflow on my Koup SX!!!
WOW!! The engine feel more alive and you can hear the rev going up with windows down. The sound is almost perfect: bearly different at idle and a deep tone (not too loud) when you push it! This is the third magnaflow muffler (on diff. ride) I bought and I've been please with the sound and performance with all of them....
Bought that one (model #11225)from Benson Autoparts for 85$ and got it install for 100$ at a local muffler shop.
If you want a better exhaust sound and you're on a budget.......... you can go wrong with the magnaflow!

SRY no sound and pics!!!

Did you make any videos of it yet? I am really interested in this muffler but would like to hear it first.. Thnx =0)

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Yea i really like the sound... Doesn't sound like the car is takin a huge ricer dumb... Very nice and much more affordable for me.... This is now on the to do list.. Thanks

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Has anyone else done the Magnaflow exhaust? Matemorh can you post a vid and some pics? I'm interested in doing this. These other systems are $600 plus shipping and installation, kinda out of my present price range. Thanks in advance =]

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I saw that one...thanks @ MFury. I wanted to hear the #11225 to kinda get a comparison.
Sorry Red Rocket but I don't have anything beside my cel phone to make a vid.
But I'm pretty sure they sound alike...... I'd say that the #11225 should be a tad quieter since it's bigger than Blkkoup's....... but again pretty much the same!!!..... I think!
Either way you won't regret it!
My MPG dramaticaly drop since I put the Magnaflow..... I let you guess why! ;-)

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Matemorh are you getting any highway droning noise from yours or is it silent until wot?

·
Registered
587 Posts
I saw that one...thanks @ MFury. I wanted to hear the #11225 to kinda get a comparison.

Wazzup......my magna hasn't convinced you enough?....hahahaha, just kidding :)

When I brought my car to get the magnaflow installed, prior to decieding on the one I have, the guys at the shop held quite a few different mufflers on for me to hear. You should ask your shop to do the same....unless you are going to install it yourself, then that option is out.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Did you use a custom muffler shop or a chain muffler shop?
I used a company called Noyzboyz (noyzboyz.com) I suppose they do a lot of mufflers.

I'm taking my ride there for my springs.......(real soon :) )
Hopefully you'll find a shop like these guys, your way. Hopefully you'll build a relationship and they would be able to help you out for your next mod...like me.

cheers.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts