Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I am suppose to pick up my new 2.4 Forte Koup tomorrow. I am going to lease it for 36 months. Just wondering if anyone else has one that has a child? I have a four year old, still in a car seat of course, and am second guessing myself a little. I did put his car seat in it with him and he did seem to have enough room but it was for a short test drive. I guess I should mention I currently drive a Ford Excursion Limited V10..yeah I know big difference lol. I just need better gas mileage (I get 12 mpg going downhill) and dont need anything so big anymore. However I do like how safe I feel with my son in the Excursion. I picked the fully loaded Racing Red automatic, they have my payments at $245/month. Is that good? Is there anything I should know before I sign my life away for 36 months?
Thanks!! Jen

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hello Jen - I have driven my Koup with a child in the back in a car seat - I had her in the back on the passenger side, so then I can push the passenger side front seat forward a couple of inches to make things more comfortable. I think you will be just fine. Also the Kia Koup is well rated for safety. Also the Koup has some pretty quick reflexes so manuevering out of potential danger zones will definitely be doable. I say go for it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Agreed... I have a 3yr old boy and everything works out just fine but definitely put your child on the opposite side for comfortability... Congrats!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input! I go tonight after work...still a little nervous but change is good and it's an awesome car. I've liked it since it came out.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I don't think that the rear room will be an issue for you. I think it will definitely be more of a hassle to get him in and out. Also, I would personally like to be able to get to my child more quickly if there is an emergency.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ejection seat would be awesome lol. Maybe I can install one in the passenger seat too for whoever is sitting there if they start to annoy me

I went last night and took it for a longer test drive when it was dark and in the rain and def liked it. I got there a little later then I had expected so I decided to go back today to do all my paperwork. Plus I am going to take my radio out of my truck and put the stock back in since it doesn't effect the trade in amount at all.

Now I have to decide what I'm going to do to it since it'll be a lease. Tint is def the first thing, then prob rims and de-badge it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ejection seat would be awesome lol. Maybe I can install one in the passenger seat too for whoever is sitting there if they start to annoy me

I went last night and took it for a longer test drive when it was dark and in the rain and def liked it. I got there a little later then I had expected so I decided to go back today to do all my paperwork. Plus I am going to take my radio out of my truck and put the stock back in since it doesn't effect the trade in amount at all.

Now I have to decide what I'm going to do to it since it'll be a lease. Tint is def the first thing, then prob rims and de-badge it.
All things you should probably discuss with your dealer BEFORE you sign the lease. Most, if not all leases, require you to return the car in the condition you got it in. Either that or you'll have to get the mods done through the dealership before taking ownership.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I called before I headed over to talk to the finance dept. My truck I was trading in isn't paid off and a pymt is due at the end of the month. I had a simple question...when will my truck be paid off since I have a pymt due...I wanted to make sure they wouldn't screw me by not paying on time. Finance douche gave me major attitude so I told him if you keep talking to me that way you can keep your kia. I'm in sales/finance through yamaha so I know you don't necessarily have to kiss your customers butt, but you atleast need to speak to them correctly/nicely. He didn't change his tone so I said screw it. Called another kia dealer and they told me if I bring the paper in they gave me with the breakdown that they would beat their price by atleast $500.00. So the hunt is on for a possible dealer transfer since they don't have the red one. Ughhhh pain in the booty lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts