Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if they make aftermarket shift knobs for manual transmission 2019+ Fortes? The stock knob is a very different design from what I’m used to, and doesn’t seem to have any threads like a normal knob. I’d like to get something heavier, since that’s what I’m used to, but can’t find anything for the Forte. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,126 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Forte GT
500 Posts
Olszewski posted about this one in another thread on the subject:

KIA Forte Sport Short Shifter – Street Tuning | COSMO Racing

(Kit with shift knob) Don't know about any others yet.

View attachment 83639
Does anyone know if they make aftermarket shift knobs for manual transmission 2019+ Fortes? The stock knob is a very different design from what I’m used to, and doesn’t seem to have any threads like a normal knob. I’d like to get something heavier, since that’s what I’m used to, but can’t find anything for the Forte. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks
Boomba has one also now.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT 6MT Gravity Grey
121 Posts
I’ve had both Cosmo and Boomba, if you make the purchase go with Boomba. they have an option to buy the short shifter with their weighted shift knob forgot the exact price but quality is better than cosmo, and well after that you’ll be able to buy almost any shift knob your interested in

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, thanks everyone for the advice. Having to get a short shifter to get a new knob isn’t a problem at all - it’s actually something I wanted to do as well at some point. Can I use the factory vinyl boot with an aftermarket short shifter?

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT 6MT Gravity Grey
121 Posts
Awesome, thanks everyone for the advice. Having to get a short shifter to get a new knob isn’t a problem at all - it’s actually something I wanted to do as well at some point. Can I use the factory vinyl boot with an aftermarket short shifter?
Yes you can, Boomba provides you with aziptie to tie it up, as well as their shifter base piece actually holds on to properly and secure when I get a chance I’ll send a picture

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,126 Posts
What about this one? Anybody use this one yet?

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What about this one? Anybody use this one yet?

View attachment 83668
I saw that. Looks to be a standard threaded knob w/ lockout cavity for a Veloster or something similar.
The Forte knob isn’t threaded (it’s a square post the shift knob pulls off of - I’ll link a video below), which is why I had to buy a short shifter to get a different knob.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got my Boomba short shifter installed today. The installations was quite easy, even though the center console has to come out. Kia designed that really well. Anyway, the short shifter itself is amazing. Totally transforms how the car drives, and made it way more fun. It shifts so much better. It also looks super cool. Very happy with my purchase. Thanks for the recommendation everyone.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah I love it. I like the way it shifts better than my buddy’s 997 Porsche 911 that he let me drive once. It’s truly a transformative mod. Very much worth the money, and I’m very glad I did it.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Does anyone know the part number to the factory Gt shift knob?
Looks like Kia isn't breaking out the parts for the manual shifter assembly.
Shifter assy:
43794-M7400

I can't find a part number for the shift knob itself...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts