Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there know what the thread size is for the the 2.4L 6spd manual is? I'm looking at getting a shift knob from TWM, but have no clue how to measure for thread size. Any help is GREATLY appreciated! :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Anyone out there know what the thread size is for the the 2.4L 6spd manual is? I'm looking at getting a shift knob from TWM, but have no clue how to measure for thread size. Any help is GREATLY appreciated! :)
I don't know the thread size, but I was shopping for a new knob as well and the guy measured the distance needed from the thread to the outside and it was 28mm and the knob he had was only 24mm. It could have fit, but I never tried, but if its smaller it may not be enough for the reverse lock to fit up into.

·
Registered
161 Posts
It could have fit, but I never tried, but if its smaller it may not be enough for the reverse lock to fit up into.
I bought a shifter off amazon and i made my own adapter for it out of wood so there was enough room for the reverse. The machined threads ate through the wood and while into my drive i shifted hard to second and the knob came off. So, I am looking for a new knob as well.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
TWM shifters dont fit for now. The I.D. of their reverse lock shifter knobs is to small. I'm going there next week to test fit the new short throw shifter and they're new shifter knob.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Not 100% sure but I beleive the thread size is M10X1.5 . I'll let you know tomorow, my thread gauge is in my tool box at my workplace.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome! Definitely keep me posted on this!

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
It's M10X1.25....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts