Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here is an interesting article that i believed saved me from further problems down the road.

http://www.widman.biz/uploads/Transaxle_oil.pdf

I hope that this will help some of you out there and i have yet to find the proper oil with the proper viscosities i like ive looked at redline and amoil. I have also looked at royal purple but i dont know if the cost is advantageous or not. So i may just bite the bullet and do one of the three i know some of you have done the swap already and i would like to know your results.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
My dealer recommande this oil. It's suppose to do wonder!!
AC DELCO
SAE 75W-85W, API GL-4
Part # 10953477

I'll try it at my next engine oil change!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I hope that this will help some of you out there and i have yet to find the proper oil with the proper viscosities i like ive looked at redline and amoil. So i may just bite the bullet and do one of the two i know some of you have done the swap already and i would like to know your results.
Fixed

Royal Purple provides 0 protection. I lost my transmission to it. I would stick with what kia recommends but, both amsoil and redline are good stuff.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah imma look into them some more i wish that kia used something better than brass in our syncro's but what ever i do believe the factory stuff is too viscus so i want some good ole synthetic

1 - 4 of 4 Posts