Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this all started with a bad headlight! I replaced the headlight and had to remove battery to do so. I found out later that it was a fuse which I replaced with a spare the fuse box had.

However, the next day my car had issues turning on.

1. it would either not start at all, and I couldn't shift into the drive position or turn the wheel. I could it going after a few second of leaving it on the ON position and then turning to start the engine.
  2. another issue was that It would start but fluttered/vibrated, I drove it forward a bit and it stopped making the flutter/vibration. I let idle for a few minutes and got engine code P0106 for MAP Sensor.
when I previously removed the battery, it did have a some corrosion on it, which I cleaned off with a brush, but it could be better to be honest. I did get Autozone to check the battery and it was fine (13 Volts?)

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,152 Posts
So this all started with a bad headlight! I replaced the headlight and had to remove battery to do so. I found out later that it was a fuse which I replaced with a spare the fuse box had.

However, the next day my car had issues turning on.

1. it would either not start at all, and I couldn't shift into the drive position or turn the wheel. I could it going after a few second of leaving it on the ON position and then turning to start the engine.
  2. another issue was that It would start but fluttered/vibrated, I drove it forward a bit and it stopped making the flutter/vibration. I let idle for a few minutes and got engine code P0106 for MAP Sensor.
when I previously removed the battery, it did have a some corrosion on it, which I cleaned off with a brush, but it could be better to be honest. I did get Autozone to check the battery and it was fine (13 Volts?)
When you had Autozone check the battery did they run a scan to see if there were any engine codes?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Battery was first, and they did not run an engine scan on that visit. The next day after removing my battery and installing a headlight, the car had issues starting as mentioned before. I got the engine light and took it to AutoZone to get the error code P0106. My deduction so far is that removing the battery cleared the settings and the MAP had issue getting a good reading. Going to have to research further if i can just try cleaning it or something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts