Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine light is on. I went to auto store and they checked it. The code is P0106 which is related to MAP sensor. Sometimes I have to put my foot on the accelerator while starting the car to get it going. Could it need a MAP sensor replacement

·
Registered
982 Posts
mine also threw a p0106 code and sometimes it'll die (in neutral) unless im giving it gas. and my battery had been disconnected before, what would cause that?
A false P0106 can sometimes happen when a disconnected battery is reconnected. However, there are normally no associated performance issues associated with the code, so in your case this could be an actual fault code. A false P0106 will be reset and disappear after a few drive cycles, so if it isn't gone in a week or so, then it's probably an true fault code.

·
Registered
12 Posts
A false P0106 can sometimes happen when a disconnected battery is reconnected. However, there are normally no associated performance issues associated with the code, so in your case this could be an actual fault code. A false P0106 will be reset and disappear after a few drive cycles, so if it isn't gone in a week or so, then it's probably an true fault code.
i mean the car sits most of the time but the code is gone now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts