Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My engine light is on. I went to auto store and they checked it. The code is P0106 which is related to MAP sensor. Sometimes I have to put my foot on the accelerator while starting the car to get it going. Could it need a MAP sensor replacement

·
Registered
18 Posts
Was the battery disconnected?
mine also threw a p0106 code and sometimes it'll die (in neutral) unless im giving it gas. and my battery had been disconnected before, what would cause that?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
mine also threw a p0106 code and sometimes it'll die (in neutral) unless im giving it gas. and my battery had been disconnected before, what would cause that?
A false P0106 can sometimes happen when a disconnected battery is reconnected. However, there are normally no associated performance issues associated with the code, so in your case this could be an actual fault code. A false P0106 will be reset and disappear after a few drive cycles, so if it isn't gone in a week or so, then it's probably an true fault code.

·
Registered
18 Posts
A false P0106 can sometimes happen when a disconnected battery is reconnected. However, there are normally no associated performance issues associated with the code, so in your case this could be an actual fault code. A false P0106 will be reset and disappear after a few drive cycles, so if it isn't gone in a week or so, then it's probably an true fault code.
i mean the car sits most of the time but the code is gone now

·
Registered
1 Posts
Doing a little post necromancy here. Had same issue, changed out the battery and it started running rough with low idle rpm, sputtering and dieing at a stand still. Got the PO106 code, changed out MAP sensor and still having trouble. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Doing a little post necromancy here. Had same issue, changed out the battery and it started running rough with low idle rpm, sputtering and dieing at a stand still. Got the PO106 code, changed out MAP sensor and still having trouble. Any thoughts?
So was the vehicle running well with no problems before the battery was changed? Have you checked the static and running (idling) voltage of the new battery?

·
Registered
5 Posts
old post but did anyone get an outcome from this? I also had similar issue, I removed my battery to change a headlight (only to discover is was a blown fuse), but the next day my car had issues starting. My wife drove out of the driveway and it died on her when she came to a stop sign, she was able to turn it on. A day latter the car would either not start or start and flutter (car shaking a bit). I drove it a few feet and it stopped. left idle for a few minutes and it got the check engine light (P0106).

I took the battery to AutoZone and they tested it to be good. There was some corrosion on the + battery connection.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
DON'T forget to check the mechanical stuff when a code is set. P0106 is for an incorrect intake pressure. It MAY be the MAP sensor or MAP wiring...but it can also mean a vacuum leak. Look at your PCV hoses and any other vacuum lines attached to the intake.

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2, Titanium silver metallic.
826 Posts
IF by chance one has crossed the polarities or wasn't paying attention of the direction of the batter at install, the arc/short will cause some fuses to short out/blow.out.

On the (new to me) 2007 Toyota Scion TC 2.4L auto 2AZ-FE. The previous owner had crossed the battery cables to the wrong posts/polarities.

When my wife & I went to check out the Scion. He had the cable on the wrong posts & battery acid was covering the top, posts wires. Bubbling & sizzling. Lot of the battery acid ended up in the exposed engine fuse/relay box. He threw away the lid by accident.

Drove it home but it wasn't fun at all. The car had rough starting idling surging & fluctuating rpms that eventually forced it into limp mode. 20mph.

Check the fuses & relays. Clean out the throttle body, check ignition coils/packs, install new battery (if needed), alarm if installed & what ForteSX2.4 said.

Hope we helped. Let us know what was the problems & fix. Helps out the community.

Anthony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts