Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend and I got t-boned 2 nights ago because of a dumbass who ran a red light. This is my first accident. We are all OK, minor injuries only. He got charged with running a red light and failure to stop. He didn't even make an attempt! Hit us pretty hard. The Forte is a write off. My insurance company will call me early next week with regards to a settlement. I hope it won't get ugly.

I will miss my Forte. I doubt people who don't own Fortes realize what a great car it is. I had it from 2009-07-31 to 2010-08-18.

Attachments

·
Registered
644 Posts
Man... everybody getting or tboning everyone in their fortes.. glad you're ok. A lady turned in front of me and I tboned her (i had the right of way) so now I'm getting a koup out of it. ;D

Good luck.

·
Registered
133 Posts
So sorry that happened. Thank God your safe.
I have a some questions if you don't mind answering?

What speed were you traveling?

What speed were they traveling approx.?

Did you feel any pain in your legs or side, neck etc..?

And how well do you feel you were protected considering all the circumstances.

on a side note, glad to see the side airbags worked too.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Looks like the safety ratings on the forte is no lie. Glad you are ok and also glad we have those side airbags. Good luck with your settlement.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
There are too many stories of people being tboned. I've been driving like I have explosives in my car; no need to hurry through the intersections.

Glad to hear you are ok.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Man with the pricing on the 2010's. You could probably get a forte & 1/2 right now :)

But its amazing that your ok. Accidents are no joke :(

·
Registered
533 Posts
Wow that really sucks alot... I'm very sorry to see another one go down... Hope all goes well and you get back on the road in a new Forte soon...

·
Registered
587 Posts
Good to know that there are no serious injuries.

As far as the total loss settlement, you should have an endorsement on your policy, since it is a new car to protect the value of the car. The endorsement is there for 2 years, as long as the vehicle is financed. If you paid cash, then you may not have that endorsement.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
another one bites the dust.... Really why are people targeting fortes :/ not cool

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Sad to hear about your ride :(
Glad everybody is ok, I've had countless people pull out in front of my little black Koup..
I'm curious as to why so many people seem to try and drive into these cars?
Perhaps they are so beautiful they are stuned?!?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts