Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to put either of these wheels on their SX. Just had to sell old winter wheels and tires 15" would not fit. Looking for an inexpensive way to get a winter package put together and there are tons of these as take offs for cheap.

These look like they will fit but I dont have any to try out. Also tirerack is not selling any steel wheels for our SX's this worries me that the 3 and civic steel wheel will not work.

·
Registered
2021 Forte5 GT Ltd
32 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I believe that Civic uses a 4 bolt rim where Kia uses a 5 bolt pattern. Mazda uses a 5 bolt as well but I'm not sure about the hub size comparison.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Another Option

Just saw a thread (on other site) selling Lexus IS300 wheels and winter tires. Checked it out and the same wheels should fit both cars. Same offset and bolt pattern. The IS300 came with 17x7 and 215/45R 17 tires. What do you all think. I may be able to get these mounted with 1 season used Michellin Alpine P2 Winter tires for $350.

Comments? Suggestions?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any updates on the wheels and tires.

I ended up getting some used 17" Blizzaks and mounted them on stock wheels.

Next year or two I will go back and look for 16" options.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Also tirerack is not selling any steel wheels for our SX's this worries me that the 3 and civic steel wheel will not work.
for $100 more on the next 5 years in winter,go get some rims...:)
what colour you have?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wife's car is Blue. Just got back from a 2000mi trip to Chicago. Love the winter tires no slippage even with 10 cars in the ditch. Averaged between 28.5 and 31.3 fully loaded down for Christmas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts