Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Didn't know if others were aware of this, but it's my understanding that Mazda wheels fit the Forte. I called Tire Rack to confirm this.

As far as I can remember, here are the wheel specs (help me out if my specs are off - I lost my notes on this):

5 X 114.3 mm bolt pattern
~67 mm hub center(?)
~42 mm offset should work, depending on wheel width/tire aspect ratio

I've got some cheapo MSW 17x7 alloys with 205/50 winter tires that I want to use again this winter. This setup shouldn't be much bigger than the stock 215/45 diameter. It would be a bonus if the Kia TPMS system used the same 315Mhz sensors as Mazda does (I wouldn't be surprised if it does), but I'm not sure on that.

When I get the motivation to test-fit 'em to confirm, I'll let you guys know. Sorry if this is obvious/old news.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I got 2011 mazdaspeed3 wheels on my forte 18x225 with 52.5 offset

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Based on The Kia Guy's garage pictures, it looks like the 42mm offset will work (they fit fine on my old Mazdaspeed). Thanks for posting the pictures!

·
Registered
53 Posts
+42 fits nicely. My enkei wheels has the same offset. But you wont fill the rear wheel well nicely with that offset. I would have gone with +37 offset with my 18x7.5 wheels. You can check how +42 looks on my koup in my garage.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's tough to find used wheels in good condition, but I'm sure they're out there. Good luck.

Now that winter is getting closer, I popped one of the MSW's (see first post) onto my Forte the other day. Fits fine. No idea about the TPMS sensor compatibility yet.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Never been a fan of putting OEM wheels, not matter how nice they are, from one brand on another brand of car. Anyone who knows cars at all can spot them and recognize them and it sticks out like a sore thumb.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts