Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody!

I have a question regarding the "media unit" in our cars. I have the 2010 koup and my friend recently bought a 2011 one. we were playing around with the radio and stuff and i realized that the 2011 radio is somewhat better - for a lack of a better choice of word. the 2011 unit can use bt to play music off of your phone, and when you press "random" when listening to music, it will automatically jump to a another song, instead of letting it finish then jumping to a random song. the bluetooth in the car is also "better" from what i found out. instead of saying "call friend", you just have to say "**insert persons name**" and it will just call them automatically.

im wondering if there is a "update" to the media unit. like a patch or something. i mean there is a usb to plug into the media player~~

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
really? thats strange... the bluetooth voice instructs you to give it a command before saying anything (ie. dial, call, etc) so i find it strange all he has to do is say "eric" and the bt will automatically call eric.

but whats it the most interesting is that it can play music off the iphone through bluetooth. turn your bluetooth on on your phone, and connect it to your car, then press the "aux" button and u can plaay everything off your phone. but the 2010's cant do that....strange.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts