Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm from the Niagara region in Ontario, Canada.

I looked at a 2012 EX sedan today, looked like it was in really good shape, low mileage (150k km). It's about the most boring colour I think you could get, brown, but it's just a commuter car.
So assuming the safety inspection doesn't turn up anything major, I'll be buying the car.
I didn't see a fuel economy tracker in it, but the sales brochure I found from 2012 says it was standard on EX, so not sure if I just missed it or the brochure is wrong.
The Trip button just cycled between A/B/Eco. I do see outside temp beside the clock.

Anyway, hoping this works out and I can learn from the community.

·
Administrator
549 Posts
Welcome to the forums! The car looks pretty clean for its age. Auto or manual? I guess it was a popular color, cuz I see so many of them around :D

For the fuel economy tracker, looking at the brochure, it seems it was optional for the EX. It's called the "Supervision meter cluster w/trip computer" -- you can find a thread with some info here.

Let us know how to the safety inspection goes!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's an auto. I'd have liked a manual, I had a 2008 Civic manual before, but my wife won't drive manual, so when I needed the van, she was car less.
I'm no longer a twenty-something guy but I may add a few bits to spruce up the car a bit. It seems the rear spoiler is only like $12. I may look for some other cheap visual updates too.
I do have a bluetooth OBD2 scanner so I could also get the fuel economy that way as well, as well as coolant temp and the like.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well not great news. The brake lines are rotted and leaking, and the rear caliper pins are seized, and needs new rear rotors.
Shop quoted close to $2000 CDN for the repairs (car is only selling for $4000), which is massively inflated, but still a bunch of work. The calipers and rotors I can do myself no problem for like $200, but I've never replaced brake line or done a full bleed like that.
I'll do a bit of reading to see if the lines are something I think I can do, but probably going to look around a bit more. There is an almost identical one for sale, a 2013 with same mileage, already inspected and passed, for $5000, so I may check that one out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts