Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of mile per gallon numbers have you guys been getting with your 2.4 liter Fortes? Wondering if I'm driving mine to hard and not getting as good as I should :D:D

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
21.3MPG.... 7300km and I have a 6spd SX. I do about 85% city and 15% hwy.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Has anyone ever tried hypermiling techniques. Wondering if its possible to stretch the MPG to 30 by changing some driving techniques.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I live in the flatlands of Louisiana---I have managed to get 38.2 mpg! (100% highway on flat road, cruise control on, 55 mph, Forte SX sedan 2.4L engine). I was stunned that it was this high---so I verified between the built in MPG meter and the actual calculation by dividing miles by gallons used (first click off at the pump)--and they matched exactly (which was another big surprise). Being suspicious, I tried again and the number came back as 37.8---both manual calc and built in meter! By the way, this was with A/C OFF.

·
Registered
123 Posts
between 26 and 29city, if I really let off the pedal , I have a Koup SX 2.4L AT 5speed.Lately, I've been playing more with the sportmatic:cool: (love the freaking thing) and of course I'm in the lower numbers but used in a reasonable way it's not bad at all:p

can we get other people's feedback on the Sportmatic?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,823 Posts
between 26 and 29city, if I really let off the pedal , I have a Koup SX 2.4L AT 5speed.Lately, I've been playing more with the sportmatic:cool: (love the freaking thing) and of course I'm in the lower numbers but used in a reasonable way it's not bad at all:p

can we get other people's feedback on the Sportmatic?
Sportmatic is great...LoL! I like how even with the auto the 2.4 engine seems connected to the wheels -- no feeling of engine rev and then power to the wheels catches up. My in-dash MPG reading is staying around 27-28 MPG with mostly in town driving (45 MPH speed limits). I haven't checked it with actual miles Vs gallons purchased but I do know I am going 2 weeks+ between fill-ups driving to work and back every day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm hoping for 30MPG but I haven't gotten my car yet. Its good to see the numbers right around the 30 mpg mark. Seems like the automatics are getting better MPG though so far in this thread...

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can absolutely average 30+ depending on how you drive. If you drive it hard you'll drop into the low-mid 20s. I average 28-30 with 65/35 highway/city driving. I still use the ECO light. I'm not sick of it yet. It really does keep you honest if you're looking to get 30+

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
The car now has 960 kilometers on it , 2.4l auto sx sedan . I travelled 460 kilometers (286 miles) on my second tank , 2/3 highway . Fillup took 10.772 usg @ $2.579 us/g 87 octane .

26.6 mpg/us

31.88 mpg/imp

8.86 l/100k

The sx is rated at 45 mpg highway so it has a way to go . I'll be happy with high 30's when it's broken in .

·
Registered
2 Posts
When a Gallon is Not a Gallon...

Fourty-five MPG...?

Imperial or US gallon? I took a look at a window sticker on Saturday, and if I remember rightly, it said 35 mpg. I live in California... :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you want to get your best mileage I've had 2.4L for 1 month and have 4500 miles on it. You must use cruise control. I got 34 mpg on 1 trip but normally I get 31 mpg my trips are on the PA turnpike (I-276) most of my travels.

90% highway
10% city
2.4L AUTOMATIC
and travel a 65 mph

·
Registered
142 Posts
Fourty-five MPG...?

Imperial or US gallon? I took a look at a window sticker on Saturday, and if I remember rightly, it said 35 mpg. I live in California... :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

That would be imperial , window sticker showed fuel economy in l/100k and mpg imperial . The sales brochure shows fuel tank capacity as 52 litres/ 11.4 g imp.

My Mustang and Markv111 can get 30 mpg imp on the highway and my v6 Tiburon got mid to high 30's imp on the highway so this 4 banger Kia should be able to reach high 30's imp. when it's broken in .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Have a six speed, driving 80% hwy, 20% city, getting 35 mpg (imp)

anyone know how they manufactures measuare mpg, cause how do they get 40mpg per spec's on a Fotre

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am currently shopping for a new car and was looking at the Forte(First Choice)these numbers seem fairly low mileage. I have had VW's getting 45 Real MPG on the highway 70MPH and loaded so does anybody get in the high 30's or could be that they are ,new and once well loosened up, mileage should go up.

Forte's are nice cars though

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am currently shopping for a new car and was looking at the Forte(First Choice)these numbers seem fairly low mileage. I have had VW's getting 45 Real MPG on the highway 70MPH and loaded so does anybody get in the high 30's or could be that they are ,new and once well loosened up, mileage should go up.

Forte's are nice cars though
I'd check your numbers. None of the modern VWs will get 45mpg, except the TDIs, and even they are only rated at 41 highway. Oh, and you'll be paying a lot more for that gas mileage as the TDIs *start* at $23K.

When you look at the non-diesel options, Forte's (the non SX versions) are right there in the running. If you can find one with a fuel economy package, you're running close to even with the usual high gas mileage winners.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts