Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know that the stock tires aren't the best, I'm interested to know how long they lasted you. (for those that changed them already).

Post SX or EX (it makes a difference)
Sedan or Koup
Miles before changing it.

I'll start:

Koup SX
9000 miles

·
Registered
69 Posts
Don't know if this will be much help! Sorry if it isn't! I'm from Canada and I go by kilometers, I sold mine but with the rate they were going at i'd say between 30,000 and 36,000km. So I suppose around 19,000 and 23,000 miles. These were stock Koup SX 17's, you would figure the ex would last longer because of the fact they would have more thread due to they aren't low profile.... They had 18,000km when they were sold, that again would have killed them!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I had 7k miles on mine before I got 6 nails in 3 tires

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
I'm almost to 10,000 miles and my LS2's are looking good.

·
Registered
593 Posts
My 2010 EX has 33,000 miles on it and the tires only have around 500-700 miles left on the tires (max... they are just about down to the safty tabs).

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
10000miles + on my stock goodyear. maybe 20000 more miles. haha

·
Registered
257 Posts
I am at 25k on the stock goodyears, they are over half worn. I expect to need a complete set by 40k or so. They wont be goodyears again...SX sedan

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have an EX and my front tires wore down to the belts @ 15,000 I bought winter tires and now have the original back tires on the front and 2 winter tires on the back

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have a SX sedan with Goodyear LS2s... I put 12k miles on 'em so far and I would say they are 75-80% worn. POS tires....

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Only got less than 20k out of mine.. those tires are shitty... i still have my stock rims though.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I am sure the stock tires are not the best, but it seems like the people that got less mileage on their tires have manual transmissions...haha

·
Registered
119 Posts
I got 13,500 on mine and they only got 4/32's left. almost time for a new set of sneakers

·
Registered
259 Posts
Does it have to be replacing a full set? First I replaced a single tire at 5000miles due to a punctured sidewall. Then at 7500 miles I replaced that same tire, and another, you guessed it punctured sidewalls. After that second round I decided even $80 Prime Well PZ900s are better than Eagle LS2s, at least then if sidewalls keep popping the tire is cheaper.

I'll probably replace all four with something better once I recouperate from all the other purchases I've made recently, and from the wreck damage cost. I think I'd be happy with Kumho ECSTA ASTs, had them on a probe and really liked them for the short time I drove the car.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
I'll probably just get mine rotated soon to even the wear. Everyone else is doing that too, right?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts