Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one? I looked on KGIS and couldn't find a diagram of the wiring. + / - / turn wires etc.

Haven't had time to pull my mirrors off to look yet either.

Any help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Joey..Thanks but I looked there I think. what's the EMT section? All the ones i saw show how to replace the light bulb or the electrical for the mirror switch.

Any chance you can post the pic to this thread?

The link you posted goes to
A blank page

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
i've never had luck cut n pasting from kgis-
use this like a directory tree.........
service info/fill in the veh info- after you do that- on right side of screen- you should see shop/ETM/DTC/Replace/Component
select ETM-
double click your eng info in left column-
scroll down to then click the power outside mirror-
and there ya go

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok found it but for some reason it shows up blank on my iPhone and my iMac and i tried 4 browsers.

Can anyone grab it for me and upload the pic to
This thread? Or email it to me. Pm me and I'll give you my email

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
May I ask what you're trying to achieve beast? You trying to keep the lights on at all times and switch them out with white LED's? I hope so, cause thats what I want.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
May I ask what you're trying to achieve beast? You trying to keep the lights on at all times and switch them out with white LED's? I hope so, cause thats what I want.
I can't give away all my plans now can I? Lol. Hopefully I'll be able to answer this soon!

:)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Is it a LED strip mounted inside the mirror housing to blink with the flashers? If not, then you should do that too!:D

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Close.... I actually found switchback modules for the mirrors. So I will be replacing the bulbs with the modules and need to have them lit all the time with white and then flash amber when the turns are on...

Cat is out of the bag... Now I just need to get them done.

That's why I need to know where the wires are as I would like them to come on with my parking lights etc

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
I knew it! :D Well except for the amber flashing part. Great idea though, I hope all goes smoothly and you can share this great mod with us.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Close.... I actually found switchback modules for the mirrors. So I will be replacing the bulbs with the modules and need to have them lit all the time with white and then flash amber when the turns are on...

Cat is out of the bag... Now I just need to get them done.

That's why I need to know where the wires are as I would like them to come on with my parking lights etc
Ahhh! I was waaay off!:eek: That will be cool when you get it done!
I was on the road yesterday and saw a car that had a blinking arrow built right into the mirror. That's why I thought you were gonna do something similar with a LED strip. Oh well...maybe somebody will do it now that the idea is out there!

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I knew it! :D Well except for the amber flashing part. Great idea though, I hope all goes smoothly and you can share this great mod with us.
Lol. Yeah you did! Anyway, I'll be doing a DIY for it since i haven't seen anyone else do it yet

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ahhh! I was waaay off!:eek: That will be cool when you get it done!
I was on the road yesterday and saw a car that had a blinking arrow built right into the mirror. That's why I thought you were gonna do something similar with a LED strip. Oh well...maybe somebody will do it now that the idea is out there!
I thought you meant a led strip like the Audi lights.

They have the LED arrows @ a few online shops

1 - 20 of 22 Posts