Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day folks. I have a new 2022 Forte GT 6 speed manual and am loving the car. I bought it to get better mileage but drive harder then I should so that doesn’t help LOL. The issue I have is when I’m under hard acceleration, in the midrange RPM, like between 3500- about 4600 ish. I feel a hesitation or miss like bobble in the power curve. Is this a factory tuning issue or should I be concerned and bring it back to the dealer?? Thanks everyone in advance and GOD Bless.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,410 Posts
Have you connected an OBDII scanner to see if any codes are present? A good quality scanner will provide potential codes too. That is where I would start.

·
Registered
246 Posts
If it's still under warranty, let the dealership check it out.

Record video. Have someone do the recording while you're driving at different speeds & all gears.

Turn the radio off.

Hope this help.
Good day folks. I have a new 2022 Forte GT 6 speed manual and am loving the car. I bought it to get better mileage but drive harder then I should so that doesn’t help LOL. The issue I have is when I’m under hard acceleration, in the midrange RPM, like between 3500- about 4600 ish. I feel a hesitation or miss like bobble in the power curve. Is this a factory tuning issue or should I be concerned and bring it back to the dealer?? Thanks everyone in advance and GOD Bless.
I would definitely have Kia take a look first before trying to fix it yourself. If you are not afraid of modifications and possibly setting your warranty contract on fire you could try a pierburg solenoid kit.. it generally is used with an aftermarket BOV but it can solve issues like this even on a stock setup. Not a guarantee to solve the problem but it’s much more reliable down the road anyway.. plus it’s cheap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you connected an OBDII scanner to see if any codes are present? A good quality scanner will provide potential codes too. That is where I would start.
I did check the codes with my scanner. It is a pretty good one. I found no codes but didn’t expect to because it’s not a true engine miss. It just seems like a hesitation of sorts but very very slight. I just know I can feel it under about 3/4 or better throttle while for example running up and on ramp for the interstate. It’s very very slight but it’s obviously not a clean pull through the RPM. A good friend of mine that has experience in tuning turbo cars like Subaru and Mitsubishi stuff thinks it’s the factor tune not being very clean and efficient. Just didn’t know if anyone here ever ran into that. Thanks for all the help. Y’all are great

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. I have heard that before and was even told that if I put a tuner like JB4 or something to actually gap them to .22 is that correct? I’ll try the .28 for sure. Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
489 Posts
My car sounded like it was misfiring at idle when it was stock. I reduced the gap and it went away and it idles smoothly. Not all engines run the same way, even though they are the same. I really think it's a combination of high compression and high boost is what make these engines misfire.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Forte LX
773 Posts
I agree with Hamster-GT. My Forte ran great and got very good mileage, so when I changed the plugs at 100,000 miles, I set them at the recommended gap and it didn't seem to run quite as well. I checked the gap on the old plugs and they measured .035. I removed my plugs and re-gapped them to the .035 like the old ones and it's run much better since! And mine is just the regular Forte LX with a 2.0 non turbo. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts