Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just did this mod today....i had to adjust some things in the Kia dealer ...and i saw a guy blowing some plotter (vynil) on a koup pilar (i suppose that dude had his door fixed after a crash) when this idea came down to me...
i told this fellow to apply some on my front bumper...to match my roof and just to try.... im really convinced it looks great! its just a detail but thats how you get a great car!! LOL.... so what do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its the same vynil they use to the pilar....si its not aftermarket...just costed me 10 dollars (here around $ 50 pesos)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its just a test....the guy did it in 10 min so.....not too much passion in it.....i'll paint it in the future (also the roof)...just trying to get that money...they charge me like $2500 argentinian pesos (550 u.s. dollars) to get all this done....
also planing to get the 17" rims from the sx....those are sweet....plus a lowering...but that would be like $7.000 arg pesos (1570 u.s. dollars) :s

·
Registered
567 Posts
I feel like if you're going to buy rims you're better off buying a aftermarket brand than the SX ones. There's a lot out there that look better imo.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I feel like if you're going to buy rims you're better off buying a aftermarket brand than the SX ones. There's a lot out there that look better imo.
i totally agree with you....but there are two things that keep me away from aftermarket rims....
FIRST--- and maybe the most important reason....i live in the a#$%$ of the world... LOL...just for you to understand the forte sedan is considered a car for rich people...thats how bad is it....(and if you take the koup...they think they saw a damn UFO) .. so everything imported is expensive...and the rims are one of those expensive things....so you get few models....not the best of the best....and they are expensive.... its hard to think a mod over here where you have no access to half the things everybody in another country has...
SECOND --- im a maniac i like the car looking factory style....with subtle mods dont like very much fast & the furious things hanging all over it..... and is SO HARD for me to pick a set of rims that goes with the car look....i cant make up my mind!! so if anybody can help me with this and recommend me some rims models....so maybe i can order them....i would really apreciate it..... do it for a fellow living in the 3° world....LOL..

·
Registered
536 Posts
Goto discounttire.com and look at the rims on the car with their interactive wheel system.....you can also goto carid.com...They give you allot of choices with up close pics that look great....I have narrowed my choice down to the TSW Vairano or TSW Londrina....The Londrina has a style similiar to Kia's SX wheel but it has a machined lip and that looks amazing!!!!

**NOTE** Any wheel you get you will also have to think about buying new Tire Monitoring Pressure Systems (TMPS) for each wheel, but if you do your research like I did you will find that with TSW wheels, the way they make the wheel you won't have to buy new ones. You can reuse your old ones. They are universal.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Wow, never thought of this one, since the koup already has tht. But man that looks great! I love it on your car! Thought of goin the complete evo look? Lolol.

Look awesome as is though!!!! :D

·
Registered
587 Posts
Nicely done! I like how it looks :)

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Looks great!! I had the exact same idea when i first got my sedan but decided to go with the front lip spoiler instead.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
+1.

as for wheels, i like the optima's sx rims. if you're looking to keep it stock and subtle.
i wish i could.....the Optima is not selled here (i think i just missed the time verb LOL:confused:) ..... i would sell my car and steal my fathers Sorento R to be sold in the black market to get an Optima! :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like the way it looks and thanks for sharing . I have same car but was wondering if i can fit a black Koup grille into my sedan to give it a different look , will it fit ??? .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts