Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year Forte Fam:D

I'm looking to do a simply modification because I don't liike the chrome cover on the grill of my stock Forte EX Sedan. Just want to give it a meaner look.

Wondering if anyone has performed this mod or if it's even worth the hassle?:confused:

I used the search option but didn't come up with anything that really described what I was looking for.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Do u jus not want it to be chrome or u want a whole new one? Could u paint it or powderocat it would look good

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just don't like the chrome look. I'm looking to buy a whole new one pretty soon but just wanted to give my car a different look kinda quick.

You know when you get that tinker bug you got to mod something. I've alread done the headlights.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just don't like the chrome look. I'm looking to buy a whole new one pretty soon but just wanted to give my car a different look kinda quick.

You know when you get that tinker bug you got to mod something. I've alread done the headlights.
I hear ya on the chrome. I wish I could eliminate all the chrome on the interior a mine. Kinda wanna do sum cf. I'm tryin to think a sumthing thatll be unique to do jus havin trbl soo many mods ppl hav already done. I deff have that tinker bug and a cpl mods sittin at home. This my first car worth modding so I'm new at doin things myself and scared ima f**k things up u know?

·
Registered
567 Posts
You can do it yourself. I hated the chrome too. I took it off, sanded it down, primer, pain, clear coat, done. I don't really remember what grit sandpaper I used, how many time or how many coats, but you can google "sanding chrome" or something along those lines. I found a thread on a truck forum about some guy who did it with his mirrors and it was basically the same steps,

Not the best pictures but here are two from around summer time when I first did it. Paints still holding up good and all that.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hear ya on the chrome. I wish I could eliminate all the chrome on the interior a mine. Kinda wanna do sum cf. I'm tryin to think a sumthing thatll be unique to do jus havin trbl soo many mods ppl hav already done. I deff have that tinker bug and a cpl mods sittin at home. This my first car worth modding so I'm new at doin things myself and scared ima f**k things up u know?

That is too funnny:D (f**k things up u). I thought the same thing. can't stand messing up a new car but the forte seems so easy to mod out. Only thing is being patient enough to wait for all teh parts to ship from overseas. . . .Happy New Year btw. . . :rolleyes:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can do it yourself. I hated the chrome too. I took it off, sanded it down, primer, pain, clear coat, done. I don't really remember what grit sandpaper I used, how many time or how many coats, but you can google "sanding chrome" or something along those lines. I found a thread on a truck forum about some guy who did it with his mirrors and it was basically the same steps,

Not the best pictures but here are two from around summer time when I first did it. Paints still holding up good and all that.

Hey the pics look amazing. Great job! I appreaciate the info. Since this is my first new car. I think I'm gonna go ahaead a purchase the black grill from Korean Autoparts. I had a Honda Accord for 17 years and did all the work myself but it took forever. . .Taking a different approach this time around. . .Thanxs.:cool:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Korean Auto Imports

they have a lot of grills
Thanks for the link. I've actually been all over their site and was attempting to go with the "LOW BALLER" way out but after reading some of the responses it's gonna take way too much time ito sand it down so
my time is worth more. So I'm just gonna go for the RoadRuns grill for the sedan. . .

·
Premium Member
704 Posts

^^^sanded it down, primer, pain, clear coat... hahaha!!!^^^

Good work by the way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Replaced sedan chrome with koup black grille and will fit with some work . It is not a direct swap proceedure . Pull front bumper off completely and trim/remove some areas but i found it a worthwhile effort .

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've been wanting to do this for sometime now. Looking at that chrome pains me. I know what i'll be doing this weekend :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Replaced sedan chrome with koup black grille and will fit with some work . It is not a direct swap proceedure . Pull front bumper off completely and trim/remove some areas but i found it a worthwhile effort .
What about the roadruns grill for the koup, i think it look better that the one they have for the sedan, but im not sure if it will fit, or it will have to be custom fit to my car. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Happy New Year Forte Fam:D

I'm looking to do a simply modification because I don't liike the chrome cover on the grill of my stock Forte EX Sedan. Just want to give it a meaner look.

Wondering if anyone has performed this mod or if it's even worth the hassle?:confused:

I used the search option but didn't come up with anything that really described what I was looking for.

hi i hop e u like my mod with carpon to front grill

u can see this post and say ur opinion about my mods to front grill and signe

http://www.forteforums.com/forums/body-kits-appearance/6188-mod-front-grill-signe.html

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
carBon fiber or CF (I've always thought it should be called "Fibercarbon", like Fiberglass. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts