Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday I washed my car (forte Koup sx) in one of those hand wash bays where you do it yourself... and I noticed moisture inside of both my headlights almost immediately after wetting it down before the wash. the moisture wasn't water drops, it was like a light fog film on the bottom 3d of each headlight (think of people that wear glasses and go outside after being indoors... they fog up... it was like that)

Now, I live in orlando florida where the heat in insanely high almost every day, so im thinking that maybe there was a large temp change when I got them wet and that's why they fogged up.

Not sure if that's good/bad/normal - anyone have any idea's why it happened? is it possible both of my headlights need replaced? anyone else having this issue?

thanks in advance for any helpful info.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah, my sx did that when I first got it (1 1/2 months ago). Both lenses. They cleared up within an hour or so.

The last 3 or 4 times I washed it though, I didn't notice them fogging up at all. Could have been because its so dry up here lately though.

I searched in this forum for the same problem, found lots of posts and it sounds common. I wouldn't worry about it, unless you start blowing bulbs.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Mine both did it in the beginning, sometimes even my back up light part, then it stopped doing it after a while, however, there was more than usual moisture inside my left headlight. (dealership considered it more than usual when i have been driving for 45 minutes and it didn't go away) so they replaced my headlight under warranty :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I noticed the same thing happen when I washed my car today but it was only in my left headlight. I'm going up to the dealership Wednesday because I had them remove the pinstripes off my car and I noticed they screwed up my paint when they did it, so they should be fixing that and a couple tiny scratches I found on the back... I'll let you know what they say about the headlights, but I know it is not normal and it can be bad after time.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
It is normal. They have a TSB on it. The moisture goes away after a little while.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,845 Posts
It is normal. They have a TSB on it. The moisture goes away after a little while.
Correct! But...if the moisture stays after a drive with your headlights on go see your dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts