Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Koup less a little more then a month ago, and theres already a little bit of moisture in my headlights in the corner thats next to the grill on both sides....

It rained really hard last night, and I havn't done ANY modifications to the headlights..... yet...... Is this something that's normal or is it something that I should take to the dealer and ask them about?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I just got my Koup less a little more then a month ago, and theres already a little bit of moisture in my headlights in the corner thats next to the grill on both sides....

It rained really hard last night, and I havn't done ANY modifications to the headlights..... yet...... Is this something that's normal or is it something that I should take to the dealer and ask them about?
After you start your car and it warms up, is it still there?

What about if you drive for about 5-10 minutes?

If it's gone after either of those two things....not an issue.

If it's still there or there's an actual puddle of water then it might be something to check out. Or maybe just mention it when you get your next service and have them check it out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would call the dealer and see what they say. The units are suppose to be completely sealed so you shouldn't have moisture build up on the inside. Granted just a very little is not a overly huge deal but let the warranty do its job. I had this issue with my old car and they found a gap in the seal when the housing was put together. Im in Maryland so I can relate to the heat and humidity...not to mention Im from SC. This can be an ongoing issue and will be worse at various times of the year depending on weather, temp and moisture.

**oh I should clarify that mine fogged up most of the headlight and would not dissipate. Not saying you need to run to the dealer if its very minor or goes away quickly. Just something to keep an eye on.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
A little is considered normal. If you go to the kiatechinfo.com and sign up for it you will see there is a bulletin about it and as long as it is going away and there are no puddles they will not do anything or replace them.

However your car is under warranty and if you thinks is more than it should be. Take photos /videos when it happens next and take it and the photos into the dealer.

I get it in my lights but goes away after I turn the headlights on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts