Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Wow, really nice job on your molds. It looks like you know what you're doing and I'm sure they'll turn out great. I just have to ask this stupid question though- what's the point of all this work when your new emblems are gonna look exactly like the old emblems (or at least that's what your molds look like)? Or are these gonna be your light up ones?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
i think he's makeing these so he can see if he can do it right. and then modify the mold to make custom emblems.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I think its bad ass. Way to go. Can you make the letters a different color? Like maybe black Epoxy and make the out side light up? Or vice versa? That would be cool.

Just a thought....would it be easier to put the leds in the wet mold? What do I know?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha yea I want to see if I can first do it this way if I can then I can go ahead and make a flat mold and create anything I want to.
Yes I do plan on putting lights in them but not these frist ones, I just want to see if I can make these. Later on down the road I will start to get more fancy with things

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I let it sit over night to get hard. I woke up in the morning they were still a little sticky but I popped it out and it looks good. Put some paint and tape on the back and its all good to go.

And with it being translusint with the lights it will be able to light up and look sick . . . I hope!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts