Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Purchased Forte Koup Ex 3 weeks ago. Have about 60 MP3 Cds that worked fine in my 2002 Mazda Miata. The first 3 or 4 CDs I tried in the Forte were ok for about 20 minutes and then static and fluttering would begin. Skipping to other tracks or previous tracks that had already played perfectly did not eliminate the problem. No sound problem when switching to other modes so it is not the speakers.

I then thought that maybe the CDs were dirty or scratched. Played them on my CD/DVD player at home - no problem. If I try the same CD again, there is no problem for awhile and then the same thing happens. The Cds do feel very hot to the touch when ejecting them. Today I tried a retail CD and played all the tracks with no problem.

Has anyone had a similar problem? I haven't contacted the dealer yet - I'm not sure they will believe me. Any suggestions? Thank you.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
while not exactly relevant i guess- but in my 95 grand am- i had an alpine 12 disc player- could play burned cds (but not mp3 ones) - but- when summer came around- it got really sensitive to which brand of burned cds it would play...........
turned out - i could play burned cds- if they were on the black ones......any other color/brand wouldnt play.......so- i am guessing that the problem is w/the media and the heat that the cd player is generating.........
(and cool- i didnt know that our cars cd players could play cds filled with mp3s........yay!)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been playing the same CDs in my 2002 Miata and never had a problem. I remember that there used to be a problem in burning to CD+RW as opposed to CD+R, but all my CDs are CD+R. Also - it's not like the Forte can't read the discs - it works fine for the first 3 or 4 tracks and then craps out. Heat may be an issue. I'll call the dealer Monday.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I've been playing the same CDs in my 2002 Miata and never had a problem. I remember that there used to be a problem in burning to CD+RW as opposed to CD+R, but all my CDs are CD+R. Also - it's not like the Forte can't read the discs - it works fine for the first 3 or 4 tracks and then craps out. Heat may be an issue. I'll call the dealer Monday.

ok- troubleshooting mode then- what happens if you tried to play the mlp3 cd track backwards?

problem w/the cd's in the morning (while car temp is cool) vs
problem w/the cd's in afternoon (after car got hot)

just tossing out theories of why the discs could cause errors based on environmental conditions..........

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mp3 success - maybe

All burned CDs have been CD+R, MP3 format. They all work flawlessly in my 2002 Miata, 2 in-home DVDs and Sony Boombox. I decided to burn a new CD yesterday and tried it today. Playback was perfect all day. The only difference this time is I did not apply a memorex label to the CD. Perhaps the label causes the player to overheat when reading the disc?
I'm going to add the label tomorrow and see what happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts